Bronze Level Poster
Case
CORSAIR GRAPHITE SERIES™ 780T FULL TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor i7-7800X (3.5GHz) 8.25MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING: ATX, USB 3.1, SATA 6 GB/s, WIFI - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
11GB ASUS DUAL GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, DP ()
FREE ASUS ROG Pugio Mouse + Sheath Mousepad w/ Select PBA Systems
2nd Graphics Card
11GB ASUS DUAL GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, DP ()
FREE ASUS ROG Pugio Mouse + Sheath Mousepad w/ Select PBA Systems
1st Hard Disk
NOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD Drive
2TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 2500MB/W)
FREE Assassin's Creed: Odyssey with select SAMSUNG NVMe SSDs!
2nd M.2 SSD Drive
2TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 2500MB/W)
FREE Assassin's Creed: Odyssey with select SAMSUNG NVMe SSDs!
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
16x BLU-RAY WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW & SOFTWARE
Memory Card Reader
USB 3.0 EXTERNAL SD/MICRO SD CARD READER
Power Supply
CORSAIR 1200W HX SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® PLATINUM, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H100x Hydro Cooler w/ PCS Liquid Series Ultra Quiet Fans
Thermal Paste
COOLER MASTER MASTERGEL MAKER THERMAL COMPOUND
Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
Norton Security Deluxe 3.0: 1 User, 5 Devices - 1 Year Subscription
Browser
Google Chrome™
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 8 to 10 working days
Quantity

Price £5,346.00 including VAT and delivery

jospri710

Bronze Level Poster
Can you folks tell me what you think about my plans to purchase this awesome build, :)

Last edited:

jospri710

Bronze Level Poster
It doesn't make a lot of sense and you would get the same performance out of something half the price.

Thanks I was just curious over how you folks would make of this insane build, :)

Please help me bring it down an bit in price through letting me know about the graphic cards

I know i could get two 1080ti's though I just assumed the 2080ti's would be an lot better for gaming, if this is wrong SpyderTracks then please advise

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks I was just curious over how you folks would make of this insane build, :)

Please help me bring it down an bit in price through letting me know about the graphic cards

I know i could get two 1080ti's though I just assumed the 2080ti's would be an lot better for gaming, if this is wrong SyberTracks then please advise

Currently, SLI doesn't really merit the cost vs performance, not many games support it and it actually reduces performance in a lot of games also. The general advice is to stick to one card. For 4k 60hz, you only need one card anyway.
The storage doesn't make a lot of sense, but only you know if you need that much storage and what you're storing. There's zero benefit to having an SSD for storage items, only for OS and games.
I would ever so strongly NOT recommend Norton, just a waste of money, the in built windows anti virus is just as good and doesn't hamper system performance.
Zero benefit from 32Gb RAM except if you're doing major modding, 16Gb is over the top in itself.

jospri710

Bronze Level Poster
Okay how about one single 2080ti for my 4k gaming needs, and instead of 4TB of super speed memory, 2TB for OS operating system and 1TB for fast load up's on my steam games, ? :)

I could also find an different antivirus software

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Okay how about one single 2080ti for my 4k gaming needs, and instead of 4TB of super speed memory, 2TB for OS operating system and 1TB for fast load up's on my steam games, ? :)

OS will take up about 50Gb, so there is zero requirement for so much.
A sensible approach would be a 1Tb for games and OS and then an HDD for storage.

What monitor are you pairing this build with?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No I have not bought it yet, I was thinking about an special HDR10 one, though youtube has given the Asus and Predator bad reviews, here's the links

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...descreen-led-monitor-black-red-mo-09q-as.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/acer...-ips-g-sync-hdr-gaming-monitor-mo-13h-ac.html

if you have any advice please let me know, :)

So at the moment, you have to work out what you want. You initially linked to a £400 monitor then say you're considering a £2.5K monitor? What's your budget for the monitor?

jospri710

Bronze Level Poster
I am looking for something that works with Nvidia in the range of 27-28inch screen with full 10HDR

Mabye 30inch

I am willing to pay upto £2500 for an awesome monitor though only if it's full HDR10, if you have better model ideas then let me know, thanks

Is this an better option for an great 4k monitor with Gsync ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cZfxOtwPbw

Last edited:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I agree with what Spydertracks has to say about the base build.

I'd also suggest holding off the purchase for a few weeks until 1) reviews of the i9 9900k that has just been announced are out 2) reviews of the Z390 motherboards coming with it are out and 3) PCS are selling the i9 9900k pre-overclocked. No sense spending thousands of £ on out of date tech, or of making the purchase until we're 100% sure what the new tech is giving us :)

As for the monitor, you're right that these £2000+ HDR10 monitors have received mixed reviews. They're first gen, and it will presumably take the manufacturers an iteration or two to get things better. It's not like the monitors are terrible, they're just not where they need to be to command the price - and so could be a bit of a let down for that sort of spend.

Perhaps it makes a lot more sense to stick with the kind of monitor you just linked there.

Acer has refreshed its monitors since that video in 2016. Some of the current options for 4k gsync are:
Acer XB321HK (32", 4k, gsync, IPS)
Acer XB281HK (28", 4k, gsync, TN)
Acer XB271HK (27", 4k, gsync, IPS) - this one has the same model number as the one in that video you linked but it actually the XB271HK V2. To be honest, I have no idea what is new in V2 - other than Acer jacked the price up £200 ... just before Nvidia released a whole new gen of 4k gaming GPUs ... probably a coincidence there right?

You can look again at a 4k high refresh rate monitor in a couple of years when the tech has matured a bit and even more powerful GPUs are on the market.

Reviews of the new CPUs and mobos are out on 19th Oct, so maybe check back after the dust has settled on 20th Oct

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Thanks Oussebon you have helped an great deal with your good advice,:)

When someone helps you on here it's a great idea to increase their reputation. Click on the star icon below the user's avatar to do that (your reputation 'power', ie. how much you increase someone's reputation by, is a function of your length of time as a member). Not only is this a nice way of saying thank you but it lets other forum members know which users give the best advice. :)

Drakodan

Bronze Level Poster
The processor is also a poor choice as it comes on the grossly overpriced X299 platform. I believe you'll be better off with an i7 8700k on the Z370 configurator, though it may be worth holding out until a larger number of concrete benchmarks are out for the new 9000 series.