Octane V 17.3

I’ve ordered the Octane V 17.3.

But for the chassis there was only two option 1080p 144hz or a 4K option at 60hz

I went with 4k today I’ve only just seen the fact that the 4k screen doesn’t even have Gsync. So I’m extremely baffled. What kind of cheap and nasty 4k screen is this? The fact that A. It’s only 60hz and B. It doesn’t have Gsync

I’m hoping there’s a mistake somewhere.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I’ve ordered the Octane V 17.3.

But for the chassis there was only two option 1080p 144hz or a 4K option at 60hz

I went with 4k today I’ve only just seen the fact that the 4k screen doesn’t even have Gsync. So I’m extremely baffled. What kind of cheap and nasty 4k screen is this? The fact that A. It’s only 60hz and B. It doesn’t have Gsync

I’m hoping there’s a mistake somewhere.

There’s no mistake. Price wise it wouldn’t be possible to be higher than 60hz as those panels cost about 2.5k and don’t exist yet for laptops. I couldn’t say why it doesn’t have Gsync other than it’s not designed for gaming as the 1080 can’t push 4K at 60fps, it’s more for design work which doesn’t require Gsync.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Be aware that the regular Defiance also offers a QHS screen and doesn't charge an extra £450 or so for a pointless i9.