Recoil-II GPU problem

elcabalero

Hi,

i have recently bought a Recoil-II with Nvidia 1060 GPU (6GB) and the Intel-8750H CPU.
Sometimes, randomly, even when i'm not stressing the PC, everything starts lagging and the primary GPU (the Intel UHD Graphics) load goes up to 100% without anything in particular consuming it. Also, while the Intel GPU is at 100%, the dedicated Nvidia graphics card is shown to be at 0% of usage.
Is there a way of fixing this? Maybe by forcing the computer to use the dedicated GPU instead of Intel's? I already tried setting Nvidia as the default one in its control panel, still no changes...
I'm running Windows 10 and all informations provided are from the integrated task manager.

Thank you all in advance

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
You'll need to use the NVIDIA control centre to set which programs use which GPU. It sounds like everything is using the iGPU at the moment....?

elcabalero

I tried looking at the thread you posted, basically the solution is to update drivers... i have all my drivers updated, i even tried to downgrade some of them and still nothing changes.
About the question : "Which processes are using the GPU", i'll answer that nothing in particular uses it, everything that is running are the basic Windows 10 processes and the application i'm in; the Intel UHD GPU just goes to 100% and remains there, everything starts lagging for like 2 minutes and then it goes back to normal.