Thoughts on current build?

Morgan

Hey guys, as the title says thoughts on my current build would be appreciated. I would like to play games at 1080p medium high settings and my budget doesn't go much higher than what the total comes to. Thanks in advance:)

Case
SHARKOON VG4-W GAMING CASE (Green LED)

Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G Quad Core CPU with Vega Graphics (3.5GHz-3.7GHz/6MB CACHE/AM4)

Motherboard
ASUS® PRIME A320M-K: Micro-ATX, AM4, USB 3.0, 6GB/s

Memory (RAM)
8GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2666MHz (2 x 4GB)

Graphics Card
3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP

1st Hard Disk
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 32MB CACHE

Power Supply
CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY

Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)

Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER

Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD

USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)

Keyboard & Mouse
PCS S300 USB MEDIA KEYBOARD

Mouse
PCS S300 USB OPTICAL MOUSE

Price £663.00 including VAT and delivery

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Looking to buy? Sorry if that was unclear in the title

I'm not the best person for budget builds, but I think that's not the best processor as it's got on board graphics, so it's really designed for systems without a graphics card, and will sacrifice cpu performance for that.

Personally, if it were me, I'd say save up a little more, that budget is really cutting the bone where you'll end up with something that isn't very upgradeable and you'll just have to buy a whole new build later down the line rather than upgrading your current setup bit by bit.

EDIT: Just to add, there are some guys on here that are excellent at budget builds, and I'd definitely wait for their input on this before deciding.

Last edited:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
What's the budget, and how much does the above cost?

I'd get a better case than the Sharkoon, it's not as good for cooling or features as other cases in the same sort of price area like the Game Max Falcon.

The 550W PSU could open up a lot more GPU upgrade options in the future.

Drop the wifi card if you don't need it. if you are using wifi get the AC1200 as this gives the option of the 5GHz band

Get the 3000MHz RAM, as Ryzen can benefit a lot from this.

I think that's not the best processor as it's got on board graphics, so it's really designed for systems without a graphics card, and will sacrifice cpu performance for that.
Ordinarily I'd agree, but for the price and versus the alternatives it's actually one of the best budget-end gaming CPUs available.

Frank100

Rising Star
Hi,

With it being Christmas in two months is there a possibility of waiting till then, asking for some money towards a new PC? Then maybe you can get a little more spec which will last you longer. What you buy now might be OK for a little while but far too quickly you'd find the suggested PC spec unable to deliver what you need.

Frank100

HI there,
I totally agree with SpyderTracks. It makes no sense to buy the 3200G and add a discrete gpu.
You would be far far better off going for something like the Ryzen 5 2600 for only £50 more, you get 6 cores 12 threads up 3.9 ghz on all cores much much performance more for your money.
I would also consider the 6gb 1060 over the 3gb especially if your buying this for gaming, the 6gb version will let you run most modern AAA games at medium to high settings at 1080p and paired with the Ryzen 5 2600 makes for a very decent budget gaming pc.
incidently I have the Ryzen 2600X and the 6gb 1060 Gpu, and they work very very well together and even have a little room for overclooking.

Last edited:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The 1060 6gb is £70 more than the 1060 3gb, and not worth that money really. Since it's only 10-15% faster.

If getting the 1060 6gb .. don't, and just get the RX 580 8gb for (currently) £14 less than the 1060 6gb, plus freesync support, and possibly free games if PCS are doing that offer.

But as above we need to know the budget. :)