Defiance X603 RGB Keyboard

winj90

Hi there,

Hope someone can help! I ordered new desktop for home, fairly decent spec (included below). I chose the Defiance X603 RGB Keyboard. When I first set it all up, it worked fine. Now it seems to only work sometimes which is rather annoying. Keyboard functions are fine but the RGB backlights only come on every now and then when powering up.

I have tried various USB ports. I have asked on the PCS help centre, they said I need to take it out and re-plug it in everytime the PC is powered down however that doesn't seem to work either which is rather annoying.

Has anyone had the same issue with this keyboard or no of any solution? Perhaps there is a missing driver or something? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JW

Case GAME MAX FALCON BLACK GAMING CASE (RGB LED)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor i7-8700 (3.2GHz) 12MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® PRIME Z370-P: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM) 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card 3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP
1st Hard Disk 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive 256GB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 3210MB/sR | 1315MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling PCS FrostFlow 120 Series High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal Paste STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking WIRELESS 802.11 AC1300 867Mbps/5GHz, 400Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System Genuine Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Operating System Language United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus BullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser Google Chrome™
Keyboard & Mouse PCS Defiance Series X603 RGB Keyboard

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I have asked on the PCS help centre, they said I need to take it out and re-plug it in everytime the PC is powered down
They said that? I can see that as a valid troubleshooting step, but as a permanent solution that's rubbish. Even if it makes the issue go away, what's the point of a keyboard you need to unplug each time.

Out of interest, what do you use the PC for exactly? Why 32gb RAM?

winj90

Yeah they said that. Exactly what I thought, shouldn't need to be doing that each time.

I use the PC mainly for work which involves some 3D CAD, rendering etc.. Perhaps 32GB is too much but I wanted to make sure as I've had problems with my laptop which is 16GB. Sometimes use it for gaming too but not often.

Obviously the backlights on the keyboard aren't essential but it's just annoying they don't work as they should.

They said that? I can see that as a valid troubleshooting step, but as a permanent solution that's rubbish. Even if it makes the issue go away, what's the point of a keyboard you need to unplug each time.

Out of interest, what do you use the PC for exactly? Why 32gb RAM?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I'd complain (politely), ask them to refund the keyboard so you can buy a different one either from them or elsewhere.

How long have you had the system?

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Winj90,

I can see that the issue seems to be getting resolved when I looked at your account, however I'd like to thank you for bringing this up and I will look into the responses you were given.