Saying hello!

chrisrowe15

Hey Everyone,

I'm Chris and am here to learn about computers & decide on the right new computer to buy for gaming on.

It's great to meet you all!

P.S for those interested here's a bit about me:

I was born in the year of the first commercial flight of the Concord, NASA unveiled the Enterprise, the first of it's space shuttles, and the year in which the Steves, Wozniak and Jobs together founded Apple Computers.

Though having lived in the north, south and middle of England plus Spain & Germany, I'm currently residing in Norfolk, in a small village within the vicinity of both the Queen's favourite Christmas home and the Stately Home originally built for the first Prime Minister.

My interests are quite broad and include physics, cosmology, economics, archaeology, architecture, engineering, history (especially military history), politics, psychology, cars, boats, chess, food, art, travel, science fiction, 'making lists' and space exploration.

I'm an agnostic, (although I did attend a church school).

My favourite restaurants are Nando's & Block House.

My favourite bands include REM, M83, Nirvana, Oasis, Pink Floyd, U2 & Maroon 5.

Favourite authors are Clive Cussler & David Baldacci.

I'm also a big movie fan and especially enjoy adventure, comedy and most things science fiction with my favourite film being Blade Runner.

I support Manchester United but also enjoy tennis, athletics, motor racing and snooker.

I'm of mixed parentage, (with my father being a man and my mother a woman!) and that's pretty much me, so, congratulations if you made your way through all of that!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey Everyone,

I'm Chris and am here to learn about computers & decide on the right new computer to buy for gaming on.

It's great to meet you all!

P.S for those interested here's a bit about me:

I was born in the year of the first commercial flight of the Concord, NASA unveiled the Enterprise, the first of it's space shuttles, and the year in which the Steves, Wozniak and Jobs together founded Apple Computers.

Though having lived in the north, south and middle of England plus Spain & Germany, I'm currently residing in Norfolk, in a small village within the vicinity of both the Queen's favourite Christmas home and the Stately Home originally built for the first Prime Minister.

My interests are quite broad and include physics, cosmology, economics, archaeology, architecture, engineering, history (especially military history), politics, psychology, cars, boats, chess, food, art, travel, science fiction, 'making lists' and space exploration.

I'm an agnostic, (although I did attend a church school).

My favourite restaurants are Nando's & Block House.

My favourite bands include REM, M83, Nirvana, Oasis, Pink Floyd, U2 & Maroon 5.

Favourite authors are Clive Cussler & David Baldacci.

I'm also a big movie fan and especially enjoy adventure, comedy and most things science fiction with my favourite film being Blade Runner.

I support Manchester United but also enjoy tennis, athletics, motor racing and snooker.

I'm of mixed parentage, (with my father being a man and my mother a woman!) and that's pretty much me, so, congratulations if you made your way through all of that!

Very good to have you here, Chris, and you're very welcome!

I joined this forum in 2014 when I bought a laptop and I've really learnt most of my hardware knowledge through the regular members on here, some really good guys just out to help and share. It's a really great environment, unlike some sites there's very little trolling or bickering.

I'm giving you a kudos for such a nice introduction :punk:

chrisrowe15

Thanks SpyderTracks,

I'm already enjoying reading the posts of fellow members and have been fortunate enough to recieve some help & advice with putting together the specification for a new PC. I didn't quite expect there would be so much to learn, but have aready found myself starting to watch benchmarking videos and component reviews.

Just from other posts it would appear there are many friendly & extremely knowledgeable people here that I can engage with & learn from.

Thanks for the kudos!

Last edited:

chrisrowe15

Hey polycrac,

I enjoyed your reply to my post it helped me to learn how you put your specification together e.g. how & why you chose the Ryzen route instead of Intel etc.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hello Chris and welcome! :)

I can see that you really do like 'making lists'. :D

Seriously, it's great to have new members give us some background about themselves. We share quite a few interests....though not the 'making lists' one. :no:

chrisrowe15

Hi Oussebon :)

Hi ubuysa,

Great to hear we have things in common and others also share some of my interests, making lists was just regarding the details from my introduction rather than any serious interest!

Hopefully, I didn't share too much, just a few of the fun facts to help people get a sense of the type of person I am.

I should also explain that most of my interests are mere hobbies, (I'm far from being an expert regarding any of them).