Rimworld

polycrac

Rising Star
So I looked through the Steam sale and then ignored them all to buy a new (been around for years but now the 1.0 release), none-sale title: Rimworld

I got interested by how overwhelmingly positive the reviews are but I was sold by the reviews that were just posts of their game stories - even if you don't go for the game itself, the reviews are a treat (up there with the Amazon reviews for the 'three wolf moon shirt' or the 'bic lady pen').

Treat yourself and have a look, but if you get obsessed and miss work to 'help your colonists through a boomrat infestation', don't blame me. This might have been the review that tipped me over the edge into 'buy!'

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198063131324/recommended/294100/

Anyone else tried it?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I've not tried it, but I remember seeing some insanely expensive collectors' type editions in the past, to generate revenue while still in development. Never looked at it seriously, but was intrigued.

Great to see an Early Access title supported well throughout early access and which seems to have maintained very positive reviews since full release!