Future Build 4K

Shine

I tried to add onto build but was coming up with an error msg.

"The case you have selected includes 2 RGB LED strips as standard.
Please remove the LED strips from your selection.

Unfortunately the case you have selected does not support LED lighting. Please select a different case or alternatively remove the LED lighting from your configuration."

So I assume not able to add the RGB LED strips ? Or should I mention it when I speak with PCS about the other component (CPU Cooler)

Yeah, you are not able to add them because they are already included. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1fE8vJGly8#t=3m . To be 100% sure ask PCS .

steve.r

Bronze Level Poster
Guys's can someone recommend 4K Ultrawide 4K monitors or any monitor that will go along well with my build.
Thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Guys's can someone recommend 4K Ultrawide 4K monitors or any monitor that will go along well with my build.
Thanks

There's no such thing at the moment, there are 2k ultrawide?

AOC Agon 35" Curved UltraWide
Acer Predator 35" Z35P
ASUS PG348Q 34" 100Hz G-Sync
Acer Predator X34P 34"

Costing around £750 upwards, I've only listed ones with gsync as you'll want that

Last edited:

steve.r

Bronze Level Poster
There's no such thing at the moment, there are 2k ultrawide?

AOC Agon 35" Curved UltraWide
Acer Predator 35" Z35P
ASUS PG348Q 34" 100Hz G-Sync
Acer Predator X34P 34"

Costing around £750 upwards, I've only listed ones with gsync as you'll want that

Thanks mate! Sorry I meant 2K ultrawide then lols
I'm huge fan of Asus products and have been using them for a very long time. So I think ASUS PG348Q 34" 100Hz G-Sync will be the one to look out for.
But I managed to find product from LG :
https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-34UC98-Adjustable-DisplayPort-Thunderbolt/dp/B01BFH1AIM

What do you guys think?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks mate! Sorry I meant 2K ultrawide then lols
I'm huge fan of Asus products and have been using them for a very long time. So I think ASUS PG348Q 34" 100Hz G-Sync will be the one to look out for.
But I managed to find product from LG :
https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-34UC98-Adjustable-DisplayPort-Thunderbolt/dp/B01BFH1AIM

What do you guys think?

That’s a freesync monitor so will only sync refresh rate with an AMD graphics card.

For Nvidia cards you need gsync.

steve.r

Bronze Level Poster
That’s a freesync monitor so will only sync refresh rate with an AMD graphics card.

For Nvidia cards you need gsync.

Cheers for that mate.
BTW, I sent msg to PCS yesterday but for some reason not showing up under "Sent Messages" on My Account?

Shine

BTW, I sent msg to PCS yesterday but for some reason not showing up under "Sent Messages" on My Account?

[email protected] - for questions you have. Website account msg service is only for existing orders as you need order number. You will be able to contact PCS via your website account after you order your pc, but only about this pc. :)

Last edited:

steve.r

Bronze Level Poster
[email protected] - for questions you have. Website account msg service is only for existing orders as you need order number. You will be able to contact PCS via your website account after you order your pc, but only about this pc. :)

Cheers mate! Ah well looks like I just wasted my time typing a message when its not going to be read. Downside, I need to re-write everything now :(

steve.r

Bronze Level Poster
Guy's I just realized with the amount money I'm spending on the build I can go with very similar version but Water Cooling edition... what should I do?
It's something I've never done before but I am into tech so it shouldn't be difficult to maintain?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Guy's I just realized with the amount money I'm spending on the build I can go with very similar version but Water Cooling edition... what should I do?
It's something I've never done before but I am into tech so it shouldn't be difficult to maintain?

It's not something I'd suggest you look at maintaining as it's a very custom loop, doesn't have a drain site. It will need to be drained once a year I believe and it would be advised to return the system to PCS to do.

Personally, unless you've really got a requirement for it, such as heavy overclocking the whole system for mining or large data processing or scientific calculations, I wouldn't say it's worth it. You'd be paying around £500 JUST for the custom loop.

steve.r

Bronze Level Poster
It's not something I'd suggest you look at maintaining as it's a very custom loop, doesn't have a drain site. It will need to be drained once a year I believe and it would be advised to return the system to PCS to do.

Personally, unless you've really got a requirement for it, such as heavy overclocking the whole system for mining or large data processing or scientific calculations, I wouldn't say it's worth it. You'd be paying around £500 JUST for the custom loop.

True. I intend to use the build more for working on 4K projects and gaming. But always wanted to have "water cooling" system. I can always go with that style now, only add few components and year or two upgrade.
When it comes to maintenance I take it as there are 2 option: Self maintain or send it back to PCS?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
True. I intend to use the build more for working on 4K projects and gaming. But always wanted to have "water cooling" system. I can always go with that style now, only add few components and year or two upgrade.
When it comes to maintenance I take it as there are 2 option: Self maintain or send it back to PCS?

Yeah, but to do it yourself, you really need to know how to take apart a custom loop, it's not as straightforward as some custom loops that have a dedicated drain site which is easy to access.

It may be worth running past PCS as they'll be able to advise you much better.

For the added cost for pretty much zero benefit for Gaming unless you're really pushing the system to the limit, I would say it's not worth it, but that's just my opinion.

steve.r

Bronze Level Poster
Hey everyone. It's been while since last post.

So I contact PCS regarding few questions I had about the build.
The case can be changed to latest model : Dark Base Pro 900 rev.2 (Orange) for £230

But still waiting for response on the following products/areas:
Processor Cooling - Corsair h150i AIO cooler
LED Lighting - Replace 2 LED light strip included with build for 2 x 50cm RGB LED Strip
Extra Case Fans - Replace 3 x 140mm fans included with build for 3 x CORSAIR LL120 RGB FAN KIT

As I will be spending alot of money on my next build. I had look around "Liquid Series" as it's something I've always wanted to have.
I managed to come with the following build, please share your feedback. Is it overkill? Do I need to upgrade/downgrade any components?
Remember the custom PC will be using for 4K video editing, games in 4K etc

Custom Liquid Cooling Kit
Liquid Series RGB High Kit - EK

Case
THERMALTAKE CORE X71 TEMPERED GLASS EDITION GAMING CASE

Tubing
Clear Hardline Acrylic Tubing - 12/16mm

Graphics Card Cooling
EK FC Nickel & Backplate - For Two Identical Graphics Cards!

Coolant Colour
Mayhems Pastel Blue Berry

LED Lighting
3x 50cm RGB LED Strip

Overclocked CPU
Overclocked Intel® Core™ i9-7960X 16 Core (2.80GHz @ up to 4.5GHz)

Motherboard
ASUS® ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME: DDR4, 6Gb/s, CrossFireX/SLI, WIFI - RGB Ready

Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

Graphics Card
11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!

2nd Graphics Card
11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!

1st Storage Drive
8TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 256MB CACHE

1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3400MB/R, 2500MB/W)

Power Supply
CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

Braided Power Supply Cables
Coloured Braided PSU Cable Kit - Black/Blue

Thermal Paste
COOLER MASTER MASTERGEL MAKER THERMAL COMPOUND

Extra Case Fans
5x Corsair LL120 RGB LED Fan + Controller Kit

Warranty
3 Year Platinum Warranty (3 Year Collect & Return, 3 Year Parts, 3 Year labour)
Delivery

Price £6,758.00 including VAT and Delivery

DST23

Custom loops are really an enthusiast niche which you usually see done in things like chasing benchmark leaderboards or as SpyderTracks mentioned, highly demanding tasks with big data.

Subjectively it sounds and looks cool, but I don't think it's worth it.

steve.r

Bronze Level Poster
Hey everyone, do you think I'm going OTT with the CPU:
Overclocked Intel® Core™ i9-7960X 16 Core (2.80GHz @ up to 4.5GHz)

I just checked today looks like there are more higher ends CPU options:

OC Intel® Core™ i9-9960X
OC Intel® Core™ i9-7980XE
OC Intel® Core™ i9-9980XE

Are any of the above 3 any point adding onto the build or am I good with the i9-7960X?