Should I upgrade to windows 10

Tom3593

hi guys

My current set up isn’t the best but until Xmas is out the way I won’t be buying a new computer the one I have doesn’t feel too bad currently it has
4gb of ram
2.7ghz

And I’m just about over the next few days but a new ssd for it

I’m currently running windows 7 should I upgrade to windows 10 or will this slow my computer down as I use it for editing videos and not much else ?

Thanks in advance guys

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
If you're thinking of a new PC after Christmas then I don't really see the point in upgrading to Windows 10 now. 'If it ani't broke then don't fix it' is a good maxim in computing, so if Windows 7 is doing everything that you need it to then it's probably best left alone. You might find for example, that some of your hardware (printers, scanners, etc.) and some of the older software you use are not fully supported by Windows 10.

The SSD will make a huge difference to the performance of your existing PC. I would recommend that you do a clean reinstall of Windows 7 when you have installed the SSD rather than try to clone your old system. You'll end up with a faster and more stable system if you reinstall.

Tom3593

If you're thinking of a new PC after Christmas then I don't really see the point in upgrading to Windows 10 now. 'If it ani't broke then don't fix it' is a good maxim in computing, so if Windows 7 is doing everything that you need it to then it's probably best left alone. You might find for example, that some of your hardware (printers, scanners, etc.) and some of the older software you use are not fully supported by Windows 10.

The SSD will make a huge difference to the performance of your existing PC. I would recommend that you do a clean reinstall of Windows 7 when you have installed the SSD rather than try to clone your old system. You'll end up with a faster and more stable system if you reinstall.

thank you for your reply

well id like to upgrade after christmas but im sure you know how sometimes things get backed off and pushed back and back if i was to upgrade to windows 10 could i always go back to 7 if it didn't like it ? though a restore point

many thanks

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Why do you want to upgrade? What do you want from the upgrade that you do not currently have?

i.e. why are you about to sink £100 or so for a Windows licence into a system you want to replace?