Multiple selection of 2080ti and NVMe drives

uroskg

Hi, i wanted to buy my new workstation but i can't select online some components that a was able before...
I want to buy 3 asus dual GEFORCE RTX 2080ti, but i can select only one, for the other two the only option i have is RTX 2080ti FE, i don't want these they are dying. Is it possible to select somehow ASUS DUAL RTX 2080ti?
How can i select NVLink?
How can i select more than one NVMe 970pro 1TB on RAID0?

Processor - (CPU)Intel® Core™ i9 14 Core Processor i9-9940X (3.3GHz) 19.25MB Cache
Motherboard - ASUS® WS X299 PRO: ATX, USB 3.1, SATA 6 GB/s
Memory (RAM) - 64GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (4 x 16GB)
Graphics Card - 11GB ASUS DUAL GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, DP (Pre-Order Only)
2nd Graphics Card - 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready! (Pre-Order Only) *** i don't want this one
3rd Graphics Card - 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready! (Pre-Order Only) *** i don't want this one
1st M.2 SSD Drive - 1TB SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 2700MB/W) *** i need more of these
Power Supply - CORSAIR 1600W PRO SERIES™ TITANIUM AX1600i DIGITAL MODULAR PSU
Processor Cooling - Corsair H100x Hydro Cooler w/ PCS Liquid Series Ultra Quiet Fans

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I could be wrong but I don't think you have the PCI-e bandwidth for what you are asking.

Why Raid 0? There's virtually no point with the speed of M2 drives in consideration.

I would up your cooling a bit.

uroskg

I could be wrong but I don't think you have the PCI-e bandwidth for what you are asking.

Why Raid 0? There's virtually no point with the speed of M2 drives in consideration.

I would up your cooling a bit.

Uh, that's correct, just figured out, no pci lanes as well, guess i have to switch to some amd configuration. Any suggestions? Maybe threadripper 2950x, it has 64 lanes.

I already have one 970pro, but my files are a bit heavy so it is not enough fast so i thought about raid0 with 2 x 970pro and later to upgrade to 2x2, so i can multiply the speed of read/write.

I will use it for complex rendering with gpu, redshift, vray, octane and post production in nuke, after effects and photoshop, cgi-vfx.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Uh, that's correct, just figured out, no pci lanes as well, guess i have to switch to some amd configuration. Any suggestions? Maybe threadripper 2950x, it has 64 lanes.

I already have one 970pro, but my files are a bit heavy so it is not enough fast so i thought about raid0 with 2 x 970pro and later to upgrade to 2x2, so i can multiply the speed of read/write.

I will use it for complex rendering with gpu, redshift, vray, octane and post production in nuke, after effects and photoshop, cgi-vfx.

RAID 0 doesn't hit a sweet spot until around 6 drives I'm afraid. Where RAID 0 does improve things with two drives is that it allow simultaneous read and write operations to occur so there still may be performance benefits if you're doing read-write intensive operations.

uroskg

RAID 0 doesn't hit a sweet spot until around 6 drives I'm afraid. Where RAID 0 does improve things with two drives is that it allow simultaneous read and write operations to occur so there still may be performance benefits if you're doing read-write intensive operations.

Tony, if i'm not wrong, i saw that Linus reached 12GB read and 7.5GB write with 4 960pro 512GB and threadripper

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Tony, if i'm not wrong, i saw that Linus reached 12GB read and 7.5GB write with 4 960pro 512GB and threadripper

Yeah I am a bit out of touch with RAID and SSD's but even so that's a staggering performance for just four drives. I'd like to see the results and how he did the testing, for sure :)