Problems with NVIDIA RTX 2080TI?

polycrac

Rising Star
Hi Boost, At the moment there is no official recognition of any problems. Any time a product is released there are minor problems but (SO FAR) there is no recall. I've been using a 2080ti myself and it seems to work fine. Other vendors are still selling them and unless you see any problems when you install yours, I'm sure you'll be fine. If you do, then obviously RMA it.

Did you get a FE card?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
As above, there have been problems reported with some 2080 ti graphics cards, but it doesn't look like it's proportionately any higher in terms of defective GPUs being returned to companies/stores than with any other model. The price of the GPU and the controversy over RTX features has magnified the attention these few bad units have drawn.

That's not to say there conclusively there aren't issues and that there won't be a recall, but there isn't any solid evidence of a problem with the model yet.

There were some problems resulting in BSODs which were driver-related and have been fixed with driver updates. That kind of thing is fairly normal for GPUs.

steaky360

They appear to have rectified the shop now and its showing the price but listing the cards as "out of stock", at least for the Nvidia card, the partner cards are still available.

b0ost1

Hello
Thank you for the reply
I have tested yesterday works fine, i am very pleased that i can run Assassin Creed Origin on Ultra 100FPS+, its awesome, love it.

Nabbie

As above, there have been problems reported with some 2080 ti graphics cards, but it doesn't look like it's proportionately any higher in terms of defective GPUs being returned to companies/stores than with any other model. The price of the GPU and the controversy over RTX features has magnified the attention these few bad units have drawn.

That's not to say there conclusively there aren't issues and that there won't be a recall, but there isn't any solid evidence of a problem with the model yet..

Who Where the problems reported to and how do you know there isnt any solid evidence of a problem? I myself had to return one today not even 2 days old, have you had first hand experiance with them.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Who Where the problems reported to and how do you know there isnt any solid evidence of a problem? I myself had to return one today not even 2 days old, have you had first hand experiance with them.

The only evidence of a real problem is if nVidia push a recall, until then we're just following reports from reviewer sites. Currently, there's no admittance of any systematic fault from nVidia.

There are always generalised failures on any launch, cards fail as does any tech, and need to be RMA'd, but that's completely normal.

So far there is no indication that a full recall is imminent.

Nabbie

I see i thought that someone had some solid ino for a second rather than just rumours as i had to return one myself that died

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I see i thought that someone had some solid ino for a second rather than just rumours as i had to return one myself that died

At the moment, you're unfortunate, but I'm sure your warranty will fully cover you, it's just a pain, I feel for you.

There's an American review youtube site called Gamers Nexus that are doing some really good research on the failures and working closely with nVidia, you may want to check out their videos on the matter, it's an interesting watch:

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/...cting-failure-analysis-crashing-black-screens

I've got a bit of a man-crush for Steve, he really knows his stuff and his team are brilliant, watch most of their videos.

Last edited:

karjud

Hi, I have issues with my Asus Dual 2080 ti, it was fine for a couple of days with some impressive results on X Plane 11 and Forza Horizon 4 but now both games crash after a few minutes of play with artifacts and then hard reboots due to no signal output from GPU. I have contacted PCS via email and await reply, I will call them this morning to speak with tech support on what to do next, preparing to RMA or return system back for retesting / fix.
I too have watched the gamers nexus but am not getting the space invaders artifacts but random coloured dots all over the screen with black boxes and have found others on Nvidia forums with the exact same issues I have.
Ran the heaven benchmark and all was fine until scene 25 then crash, same artifacts.
Re-installed the graphics driver (took 3 attempts after BSOD's during install) this has made no difference, no attempt at windows re-install as makes no difference according to others with same problem. Re-installed games and still same issues.
Glad I haven't sold my old rig yet as it will probably be needed while I wait for fix / replacement card.

Last edited:

karjud

Quick update. I called PCS and they are going to send out a new card for me to replace when they receive more stock which will hopefully be by the end of this week. I have installed the latest graphics driver out today (417.01) and no change apart from crash on Forza 4 with no artifacts that requires a series of hard reboots to get a stable desktop.

karjud

Another quick update, I took the 2080ti out of my system today ready for when my new card is sent out and for now put my 980ti in out of my old rig so I can still use it and played around 2 hours of X Plane 11 / Forza Horizon 4 and the system works flawlessly so its definitely the graphics card at fault. Quite interesting to compare what I am getting in comparison between the 2 cards, I was getting on average 120 FPS in Forza with the 2080ti on ultra / extreme settings all sliders and 980ti gives me on average 52 FPS at 1440p (Asus Rog PG279 @ 144Hz) which will do for now.

Last edited:

ClarkF1

Bronze Level Poster
At the moment, you're unfortunate, but I'm sure your warranty will fully cover you, it's just a pain, I feel for you.

There's an American review youtube site called Gamers Nexus that are doing some really good research on the failures and working closely with nVidia, you may want to check out their videos on the matter, it's an interesting watch:

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/...cting-failure-analysis-crashing-black-screens

I've got a bit of a man-crush for Steve, he really knows his stuff and his team are brilliant, watch most of their videos.

Came across Tech Jesus as he is otherwise known recently. Great stuff and hardware news.