Cant download certain launchers

lukpro

so i downloaded the bethesda launcher, but it cant install. it fails the "first time setup" and then tells me to check the "install directory permissions"
i checked the launcher log and its filled with errors, which i assume why it cant install.

does anyone know a solution to this.
looked on tons on forums and found no fix.

any help would be appreciated.

stegor

Bright Spark
so i downloaded the bethesda launcher, but it cant install. it fails the "first time setup" and then tells me to check the "install directory permissions"
i checked the launcher log and its filled with errors, which i assume why it cant install.

does anyone know a solution to this.
looked on tons on forums and found no fix.

any help would be appreciated.

You probably need to run it as administrator. Save the exe and right click run as administrator.

lukpro

hi,

when i run it as admin, the same thing happens. it fails the first time setup and then tells me to check the install directory permissions

lukpro

Hi,

so controlled folder access isnt coming up because its saying my I.T admin has limited access?? so certains things arent showing and controlled access is one of them

lukpro

im the admin, its the only account on the computer.
i just double checked and my user is ticked as admin

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
yes but its my personal email. not a work on or anything like that

Did you order windows with the build or are you using your own?

Somehow your Microsoft account appears to be part of a domain of which you are not an admin.

I would do a full reinstall of windows, create a local account not on an email address, and then update it to your email address, see if it happens again, but hopefully it won’t, otherwise there’s something really fishy afoot.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Also, where are you trying to install it to?

Does this happen with any other launchers?

I think the others above are correct with their suspicions of the cause, but since to said "Bethesda launcher" I thought I'd check it wasn't unique to that utter piece of junk...

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Yup that message is generated by group policies in a domain.

If you go to a command prompt and type whoami what does it spit out?

you're looking at something like:

domain\tony if it's on a domain.