Recoil II Keyboard LED API

Osric Wilkinson

Hi folks,

I'm loving my new Recoil II, but I don't seem to be able to find any documentation for an API for the keyboard LEDs.

I've installed the Gaming Centre software so there clearly is a way to program the LEDs, I'd just rather do it myself.

I've had a bit of a poke around, it looks like the keyboard itself might be connected through a PS2 port on the motherboard, and the LEDs use a separate USB connection. I'm expecting to send a bunch of USB HID Output Reports, and I really don't want to spend any time reverse engineering the protocol.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks,
Osric

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi folks,

I'm loving my new Recoil II, but I don't seem to be able to find any documentation for an API for the keyboard LEDs.

I've installed the Gaming Centre software so there clearly is a way to program the LEDs, I'd just rather do it myself.

I've had a bit of a poke around, it looks like the keyboard itself might be connected through a PS2 port on the motherboard, and the LEDs use a separate USB connection. I'm expecting to send a bunch of USB HID Output Reports, and I really don't want to spend any time reverse engineering the protocol.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks,
Osric

I don’t think there will be an API for it as it’s not there for people to integrate into.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
All hardware has an API, the only question is "Is it public?". I can't think of any good reason to keep it private (other than shame at the quality of programming...)

That's what I'm saying, I don't think it has a public API, but you'd need to ask PCS directly, they don't monitor these forums.

damole

Silver Level Poster
This is all I found.

Gaming_Center_Registry.png

Osric Wilkinson

Interesting. I hadn't thought of looking in the registry.

I did get a reply from support saying the keyboard model number is "KMAW351", which doesn't seem to get much in the way of hits from google, bing, or duckduckgo.