Sound Issue Defiance Series: 17.3"

Haz311289

Silver Level Poster
When on my discord to my friends, they can all hear themselves talk and also my in game actions through my mic (footsteps etc) i've tried multiple headsets and fixes but no fix so far...
Any ideas what i can do next?
My specs are below:
Chassis & Display Defiance Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD IPS LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™ i7 Quad Core Processor 6700HQ (2.6GHz, 3.5GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM) 16GB Corsair 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (1 x 16GB)
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 - 8.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1, G-SYNC
1st Storage Drive 1TB SLIM SERIAL ATA III 2.5" HARD DRIVE WITH 128MB CACHE (5,400rpm)
Memory Card Reader Integrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)
AC Adaptor 1 x 200W AC Adaptor
Battery Defiance Series 4 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (60WH)
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card Intel 2 Channel High Def. Audio + MIC/Headphone + SoundBlaster X-Fi MB3
Bluetooth & Wireless GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® AC-8265 M.2 (867Mbps, 802.11AC) +BT 4.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options 3 x USB 3.1 Type A, 2 x USB 3.1 Type C AS STANDARD
Keyboard Language DEFIANCE SERIES RGB BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD
Notebook Mouse INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Webcam INTEGRATED 2.0 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM

steaky360

When on my discord to my friends, they can all hear themselves talk and also my in game actions through my mic (footsteps etc) i've tried multiple headsets and fixes but no fix so far...
Any ideas what i can do next?

You don't happen to have their voices coming out of any desktop speakers or something do you?

When they are talking do you see any activity on your microphone (if you're in the sound settings for example)? Maybe your headset is too loud?

Haz311289

Silver Level Poster
All the sounds are played through my headset, i don't usually have the headset very loud but they still hear it all. I am yet to try the activity on my microphone but will check that tonight. I'm using push to talk now just to combat most of it.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I would think that you first need to eliminate the headset as the source, perhaps by borrowing a different model to try?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
In that case I'd check in the sound options to ensure that only your headset and built-in mic are in use...

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
i think i have found a solution, i went into the Realtek HD manager settings > microphone > and checked the 'Acoustic Echo Cancellation'. Seems to be all good for now

Very well done. :) And thanks for posting the solution... :clap: