Defiance Series: 17.3 - Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

snappycakes

I have just started receving the message that both firefox.exe and outlook.exe have been blocked from accessing graphics hardware. As far as I can tell, there are no errors in Device Manager. The graphics card in the laptop is a GTX 1070 and it is definitely being utilised as when removing the power supply cable, the framerate on Wreckfest plummets down to the levels expected from on-board graphics

Not sure how to go about resolving this, so any help would be appreciated.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
What's changed? Have you had any Windows updates recently? In particular, have you had an driver updates recently? If so, try uninstalling those updates or roll-back the driver and see whether that helps.

Generally this is a driver problem so that's the first thing to check. Install the latest driver for your graphics card if you've had no updates, if you already have the latest driver then uninstall it, reboot, and reinstall it.

snappycakes

The most recent change I can think of is an Nvidia Game Ready driver update the other day. I will try what you suggest and report back.