Advice for smallish gaming PC case

jambos

PCS said the Carbide 275R case should be in soon, but if it isn't in soon I was thinking of going for the PCS Cyclone Gaming case which is £37. Similar size with window. Any thoughts on this compared to the Carbide?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
It's probably the most ok of the really cheap cases, but cases in this budget range often have drawbacks like more limited airflow, upgrade options, and a cheap look and feel. I can't speak as to the PCS Cyclone specifically because it's an OEM case, I've not found reviews online, and I've never handled one. But in any situation where budget is not limited in the extreme I would strongly suggest a bit better a budget case like the 275R. You can always use the Send in Your Own Case thing :)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The Cyclone isn't a particularly small case
Cyclone: 426 x 215 x 508mm (Approx H x W x D)
That's almost as deep as my Fractal R4

Corsair 275R: 436.5mm x 211mm x 446mm (Approx H x W x D)

You could look at the Fractal Focus G: 444mm x 205mm x 464mm (Approx H x W x D)

If you were looking at the Meshify C before that's an option: 440mm x 212mm x 395mm (Approx H x W x D)

And if RGB fans and tempered glass are enticing, the Corsair Crystal 460X is good.
440mm x 220mm x 464mm (Approx H x W x D)

I would take any of these over the Cyclone, given a choice.

I would avoid the Sharkoon and the MB600L personally.

Last edited:

jambos

Cheers, I misread the depth, that's way too big. Yeah I'll avoid the Sharkoon, although the size is good. And yes he likes lights!