What to choose for a new mechanical keyboard

Rakk

The Awesome
So I'm looking for a new mechanical keyboard - I've had mine for about 4 years and I'm sure it would've lasted longer had it not been for a small 'VR-diet coke' related incident - it's still mostly fine (most of the diet coke missed the keyboard) except that the 4 and 5 keys now double tap some of the time which is not entirely useful especially when you nearly send your brother 550 quid instead of 50 quid on online banking!

Anyways the current one has brown switches (which seem to suit me) and is nicely backlit in blue (I like blue - my mouse has blue lights as well) - it's this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00C40HV42/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So, max budget around 100quid max (give or take a little maybe), needs brown switches, needs to be backlit - RGB or blue (not red, I don't like red backlighting - yes I realise most like red backlighting - well I dont :)).
I'm using my own gel wrist support so don't need one with a wrist support.
So far I've found this one that i'm thinking about: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CMCJCG7/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A1ST2LBXOQD9JG&th=1, though not much in the way of reviews.

So if anyone has any ideas/suggestions it would be appreciated.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I had seen that keyboard for 166quid and had rather quickly dismissed the idea, but a refurbished one may well do the job.

I did think that was rather low, didn’t appreciate it was refurbished, but I’d trust scan, used them for years and their replacement/warranty policy is flawless.

Great keyboards, I’ve had the old one for about 4 years now and still going very strong. Would recommend.

Rakk

The Awesome
Well I think I've decided against the refurb one, refurbs can make me feel not quite sure about things sometimes.
Though I have made the mistake of looking at various others - choice is good, too much choice is bad - can't decide now - Rakk is terrible at decision making at times.
Wondering if I should get one with some macro keys on it - though not sure whether the game I play could actually utilise them (Everquest 2 is now getting on a bit - its 14 now)

Now considering the Viper V760 or Viper V770

Decisions decisions!

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Many moons ago I had the small task of running the team that was refurbishing about 3,500 Sharp Cordless telephones.

These were faulty units, customers had changed their minds etc. Sounds a lot but they sold hundreds of thousands of them.

When they're refurbished properly they are literally as good as new and I'd have to say a factory refurb would give me confidence - especially backed by a company as good as Scan are for customer services. :)

Rakk

The Awesome
When they're refurbished properly they are literally as good as new and I'd have to say a factory refurb would give me confidence - especially backed by a company as good as Scan are for customer services. :)

Yeah I know refurb ones from the manufacturer should be good, but I got a refurbed iPod Nano before (there had been a safety recall on mine so they replaced it for me) and it died within 6-7 months and because it was Apple the warranty on refurbs/safety replacements was only 3 months .... and when taken apart you could see that the broken button had been mended before and had yet again broken and made the thing unusable (it was the button that turned the touchscreen on). So yeah that's why I'm a bit sceptical about refurbs.

Think I've decided on the Viper V770 now - would be my first keyboard with macro keys. Just need to hope that I get along with the red switches now I'm used to the brown ones, should be quieter at least :)

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Yeah I know refurb ones from the manufacturer should be good, but I got a refurbed iPod Nano before (there had been a safety recall on mine so they replaced it for me) and it died within 6-7 months and because it was Apple the warranty on refurbs/safety replacements was only 3 months .... and when taken apart you could see that the broken button had been mended before and had yet again broken and made the thing unusable (it was the button that turned the touchscreen on). So yeah that's why I'm a bit sceptical about refurbs.

Think I've decided on the Viper V770 now - would be my first keyboard with macro keys. Just need to hope that I get along with the red switches now I'm used to the brown ones, should be quieter at least :)

Yeah unfortunately, even with kit like Apple there are refurbers that will cut corners.

I never even knew about the different colours of buttons.

Every day is a school day.

I love mechanical keyboards when you need to vent. They are great for composing a rant-o-gram on, even if you never send it.