HDMI Cable Issue

harcor

I have a HDMI cable which runs from my PC to two monitors. I have tried several variations of connections, however, often the HDMI monitor(s) drops out. For example, when I close chrome with Spotify open, the monitor will disconnect, and then two seconds later, connect again, displaying HDMI in the top corner.

Does anyone know why this would be happening?
Thanks in advance

ASUS monitors.
HDMI cable (2 different makes used and tested)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
As above, we need the full spec to advise; including full PC spec and the model of monitors.

As a shot in the dark in the meantime it sounds similar to an issue I have where different content can make the monitor black out for a moment before coming back. The solution to which is to open the Nvidia control panel, select "Desktop Colour Settings", and then change the "Content type reported to the display" to "Full screen videos", press "Apply" and then confirm you want to keep the changes after the display is back.

harcor

As above, we need the full spec to advise; including full PC spec and the model of monitors.

As a shot in the dark in the meantime it sounds similar to an issue I have where different content can make the monitor black out for a moment before coming back. The solution to which is to open the Nvidia control panel, select "Desktop Colour Settings", and then change the "Content type reported to the display" to "Full screen videos", press "Apply" and then confirm you want to keep the changes after the display is back.

I tried the above, and the issue continues.

Apologies for not including my system infromation.

CPU - I7-6700K @ 4.0ghz
RAM - 16.0GB
Motherboard - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. B150M PRO GAMING (LGA1151)
Graphics - 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (MSI)

It has just come to my attention that my PC spec software states that the 1070 has 4G of memory, when it has 8? I doubt that is an issue, and is more likely just the software.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I tried the above, and the issue continues.

Apologies for not including my system infromation.

CPU - I7-6700K @ 4.0ghz
RAM - 16.0GB
Motherboard - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. B150M PRO GAMING (LGA1151)
Graphics - 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (MSI)

It has just come to my attention that my PC spec software states that the 1070 has 4G of memory, when it has 8? I doubt that is an issue, and is more likely just the software.

Is this a PCS built computer? If it is, can you post the complete spec (from the configurator) that you ordered please?

steaky360

Maybe a stupid question, but do you just have 1 HDMI cable driving two monitors? I wasn't even sure if that was possible...

harcor

Maybe a stupid question, but do you just have 1 HDMI cable driving two monitors? I wasn't even sure if that was possible...

I have, It is one DISPLAY PORT to two HDMI. However, I did have this issue when I was using two separate cables also. It is only the display that has HDMI (So both now) but when I had different cables, it would only be the display that had the HDMI.
Thanks

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I'd suggest calling PCS for support/advice as the issue may have stumped us on here.

The only thing I can suggest is going back to separate cables (including a known good HDMI cable) and trying a different HDMI monitor to see if the issue persists. e.g. a TV with an HDMI input if you don't have spare monitors lying around.