Laptop password not working

Celtic stu

Hi everyone

Hoping someone can help, downloaded a trial for capture one and on restarting the laptop my password isn't working anymore. It even says welcome after inputting the password but then comes up saying password incorrect. I have a usb drive but it wasn't set up as a recovery drive. Hoping there's a way to get around this as currently it's as much use as a brick. Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

Stuart

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi everyone

Hoping someone can help, downloaded a trial for capture one and on restarting the laptop my password isn't working anymore. It even says welcome after inputting the password but then comes up saying password incorrect. I have a usb drive but it wasn't set up as a recovery drive. Hoping there's a way to get around this as currently it's as much use as a brick. Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

Stuart

Best to call Microsoft support, we can’t really advise on hacking windows as I’m sure you can appreciate.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
As a couple of non-hacking options:

Perhaps try an external keyboard if you have one.

See if you can restart the laptop in safe mode.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Usual things - make sure you don't have the cap lock on. Make sure that you aren't typing what you think is a British-English character (e.g. a £ or ") but it's using a US-English keyboard (so in this case, a # or a @).

Other than that, as others have said, there's not much else we can do here as ultimately we have no way to verify that you're the actual owner of the machine/account in question, so it would, as Spydertracks has said, be case of us effectively trying to assist hacking of Windows.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
You don't say what version of Windows you're using, nor whether you're using a Microsoft account or a local account...

If it's a Microsoft account login to your account from another PC and change your password there, see whether that lets you logon.

On Windows 7 PCs powering the whole PC off, and unplugging it from the mains, for a minute or two and then rebooting sometimes helped password issues. No idea why but it's worth a go.

Log in to the Administrator account in Safe Mode, you should be able to change other users passwords, including the account you normally use, there.

I would be VERY cautious about using any third-party password crack tools.