That monday morning feeling + welcome email New PC ready

Gus

Bronze Level Poster
New gaming pc on way when money isn't much of a concern, but still got to hide it some what from my family so they don't know how much I spent hence the non flash case, even though I saved for nearly 2 years for it. I felt crap this morning with a cold, then checked my email at lunch and made all better as my new pc is awaiting dispatch and feeling 7 again waiting on tracking code :/

CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ 200R COMPACT GAMING CASE
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.35GHz/20MB CACHE/AM4)
Gigabyte X470 AORUS Ultra Gaming: ATX, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs - RGB Ready
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2933MHz ~ (2 x 8GB)
8GB ASUS DUAL GEFORCE RTX 2080 OC - HDMI, DP
500GB Samsung 860 2.5" EVO SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 3.5" SSHD
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Noctua NH-U14S Ultra Quiet Performance CPU Cooler
COOLER MASTER MASTERGEL MAKER THERMAL COMPOUND
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Genuine Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence

Gus

Bronze Level Poster
It just arrived to find the the Asus 2080 doesn't come with a display port cable, it says it has HDMI on all boxes and reviews so I expected a HDMI socket and a DP socket, but no one mentions that you need an adaptor to use HDMI as it has none.

So PSA if you get this and have no DP cables handy

Rakk

The Awesome
It just arrived to find the the Asus 2080 doesn't come with a display port cable,
That's because graphics cards don't come with monitor cables I'm afraid, I don't remember a time where they did. It's normally the monitors that come with the cables, or buying them separately of course (I had to when I got my 1070 - cos I'd never had anything that used DP before)

it says it has HDMI on all boxes and reviews so I expected a HDMI socket and a DP socket, but no one mentions that you need an adaptor to use HDMI as it has none.
Even the ASUS website reckons it should have at least one HDMI, are you sure you haven't mistaken it for a DP port - they do look very similar - yes I did fail to plug a DP cable into an HDMI port at some point - my excuse was because it was dark round the back of the PC, needed a torch to tell which port was which.

Last edited:

Gus

Bronze Level Poster
have a dual DVI too HDMI A adaptor but the port on it looks same as a DP but after checking its a HDMI B, so will just get a DP cable and cut out the hassle of the adaptor

Gus

Bronze Level Poster
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/31066383 19912 I'll take that

Finally got it running after a pebcak and not having a display port cable, after a few runs of 3Dmark tests I would have expected the fans to have got to point of noisy, but unless I check the power light its only way I know its on its so quiet. Ok I chose the quiet parts for this build but still I cant hear it at all.

So far impressed with my semi money is not a problem build, just a shame the supply of 1080's dried up when I ordered it, or I would have taken one instead of the 2080

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/31066383 19912 I'll take that

Finally got it running after a pebcak and not having a display port cable, after a few runs of 3Dmark tests I would have expected the fans to have got to point of noisy, but unless I check the power light its only way I know its on its so quiet. Ok I chose the quiet parts for this build but still I cant hear it at all.

So far impressed with my semi money is not a problem build, just a shame the supply of 1080's dried up when I ordered it, or I would have taken one instead of the 2080

Haha...it's be a fair few years since I saw PEBKAC written down. Kudos.

Also known as an interface error - the interface between keyboard and chair.

Gus

Bronze Level Poster
Feedback and semi review of the CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ 200R case.

Two minor issues. It has no hand holds on the front of the case if you don't plan on putting this case on a desk for easy access/movability, I have it on the floor so if I have to move it its difficult to lift with no grip on the front of the case. Second issue the power button and reset button with it on the floor are just too small and to close together to find easily by feel, I will eventually have put a bit of raised glue on the power button to feel it when trying press it

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
It has no hand holds on the front of the case
What cases do out of interest? Things like the Bitfenix Prodigy but I can't think of many 'normal' cases that have handles.

Can't you grab the case at the sides? I assume the case has not been stuffed in between things somewhere...