Courier note length too short no?

Gus

Bronze Level Poster
25 characters for me to give a meaning full message to the courier is just way too short, I really need about 70 e.g. "my door is on X Street, @ the river end opposite the chiropractors"

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
I don't know, it is enough to say:

'You're delivering my baby'

or

'drop it and I'll shoot'

;)

Ah this reminds me of the joke:

Two sisters, one is blonde and one is brunette, are trying to start a farm. The brunette sister finds a prized bull in the classified and leaves to check it out. She tells the blonde that she will contact her to come haul the bull back to the farm if she decides to buy it.

The brunette goes to the farm and decides to buy it. The farmer tells her that the bull will cost exactly $599, no less. So she buys the bull and heads to town to contact her sister. The only person she can find to help her is a telegraph operator.

The operator tells her “It costs 99 cents per word, what would you like to send?”

The brunette replies “Well I only have $1 left.” She thinks for a while and tells the operator she wants to send the word ‘comfortable.’

The operator asks “How will she know you bought the bull and want her to bring the haul from the word comfortable?”

The blonde replies “She’s a really slow reader.”

Gus

Bronze Level Poster
@ubuysa Because the courier already has my phone number, as it is my only door is not In the Square as expected but on the main street, which makes some courier drivers just leave as they can't find the door. So I try when I can to give them that info, so anyone can understand if english isn't their first language, lots of polish up here work for the local couriers

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Then try 'door on main street' or 'call for delivery details'. You could also call DPD and make sure they know the full delivery instructions to give to the driver.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Then try 'door on main street' or 'call for delivery details'. You could also call DPD and make sure they know the full delivery instructions to give to the driver.

This usually works. I've had to do it when I've been staying away and tired of hotel food, so ordered in.