screen quality and temperature what to choose?

cyllan

hello

i am looking to buy a nice 17" laptop, i dont care if it is a "brick" if it has a nice and bright IPS screen and it isnt running at 90celsious with a decent GPU and fans like jet engines

i want it for general purpose....movies, some games maybe and browsing

i have a nice old dell xps but they dont do the nice SSDs etc you do and no 17" models....

on the other side on the reviews of the octanes and deliverances on youtube i keep hearing screen bleeding issues and on the deliverance model serious heating issues....

i dont necesarily care much about the budget.....but i dont like jet engines or "not glossy" screens

i would Ideally be looking at a QHD 1440ip 120hz but they are NT screens.... unfortunately you dont do quadcores with hypertherading .... cos 6 cores run too hot....

i dont need mobility at all it is a desktop replacement.....just that with all the space in the octane model why arent the thermals better or glossy ips screens.... and option...

do you plan to get some new model? or what do you recommend?

thank you

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
hello

i am looking to buy a nice 17" laptop, i dont care if it is a "brick" if it has a nice and bright IPS screen and it isnt running at 90celsious with a decent GPU and fans like jet engines

i want it for general purpose....movies, some games maybe and browsing

i have a nice old dell xps but they dont do the nice SSDs etc you do and no 17" models....

on the other side on the reviews of the octanes and deliverances on youtube i keep hearing screen bleeding issues and on the deliverance model serious heating issues....

i dont necesarily care much about the budget.....but i dont like jet engines or "not glossy" screens

i would Ideally be looking at a QHD 1440ip 120hz but they are NT screens.... unfortunately you dont do quadcores with hypertherading .... cos 6 cores run too hot....

i dont need mobility at all it is a desktop replacement.....just that with all the space in the octane model why arent the thermals better or glossy ips screens.... and option...

do you plan to get some new model? or what do you recommend?

thank you

Intel don’t do quad cores anymore except on their low power chips, the base is 6 cores. Neither do AMD.

Really your questions are geared towards PCS who don’t monitor these forums, best to give them a call directly. None of us work for PCS.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
...i dont need mobility at all it is a desktop replacement...

...isnt running at 90celsious with a decent GPU and fans like jet engines...

...i dont necesarily care much about the budget.....but i dont like jet engines or "not glossy" screens...

I picked those out because it seems to me that what you need is a desktop not a laptop. The ONLY benefit of a laptop is portability, and you sacrifice a great deal in order to get that portability, resulting in hotter running and noisy fans. If you don't need portability at all then go for a desktop, it's quieter, more configurable, more easily upgraded, and cheaper for the equivalent performance. :)

cyllan

I picked those out because it seems to me that what you need is a desktop not a laptop. The ONLY benefit of a laptop is portability, and you sacrifice a great deal in order to get that portability, resulting in hotter running and noisy fans. If you don't need portability at all then go for a desktop, it's quieter, more configurable, more easily upgraded, and cheaper for the equivalent performance. :)

i know....is just the space......that i dont have.....:sweatdrop:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Unfortunately what you are looking for does not exist IMHO.

You're trying to buy a silent toaster that doesn't get warm.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
You're asking for a high end laptop (1440p high refresh, probably with gsync) and a quad core with HT i.e. what was last gen called an i7 7700HQ and these days is more or less rebadged into the i5 8300H. Very high end laptops don't come with i5 CPUs.

Edge bleed can happen to any laptop screen or monitor - and IPS glow can be an issue for any IPS screen.

The great majority of laptops screens now are "not glossy" (i.e. matte).

Your wishlist is for things that are either very uncommon or don't exist I'm afraid.

Your best option would be to find the space to have a desktop. Desktop PCs can be relatively compact, they don't all need to be Corsair 780T cases...