No signal detected

user

I received my pcs pc on the (8/12/18) and I have tried both HDMI to HDMI/DVI to DVI cables and I still get no signal, I spoke to 3 operators and unfortunately no fix worked. I tried connecting the cables to two monitors, and yes i connected it through the graphics ports.
The monitors were working fine with my old desktop.
The PC boots fine, the fans work as well as the GPU fans.

When i first received the pc, I mistakenly connected my vga cable (which was used from my old computer) from my monitor to the computers motherboard port. The first boot made 5 beeps, I remember clearly that the first beep was long followed by 4 short beeps, at the time I thought it was normal, but there was no signal so I restarted it and the same thing occured (5 beeps), then I restarted it again and there were 3 beeps and the computer kept restarting by itself, so I called the operators and was told to try an HDMI cable. Once I used the HDMI cable (connected via graphics port of-course) the beeping stopped, but there was still no signal being connected on my monitor. I then used a DVI port and the same thing occured, no signal on my monitor. If you are wondering, I had the monitor channels changed manually to HDMI/DVI as well as trying the auto detect button, the monitor works fine with my old desktop.

I was then asked by one of the operators to open my side panel, and check 3 different cables to see if they were plugged in. I checked the graphics, a large cable near the top right of the motherboard and also a small cable on the top left of the motherboard (i'm inexperienced). They were all plugged in tight so there was no error there i'm guessing.

I also asked the operator what cables were used when my pc was being benchmarked and was told that my computer was successful in the quality control, (3D benchmarks, rebooting etc) , as well as having HDMI/DVI cables tested too.

Another little bit of information I will add is that there is a yellow light slightly above the GPU, not sure what the light is indicating.

Specifications-

Monitor- BENQGL2450

Processor (CPU) AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.25GHz/19MB CACHE/AM4)
Case COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX MB530P RGB GAMING CASE
Motherboard ASUS® PRIME A320M-K: Micro-ATX, AM4, USB 3.0, 6GB/s
Memory (RAM) 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card 3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP
1st Storage Drive 120GB ADATA SU650 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 320MB/W)
2nd Storage Drive 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 32MB CACHE
Power Supply CORSAIR 550W VS SERIES™ VS-550 POWER SUPPLY
Processor Cooling CoolerMaster Hyper 212X (120mm) Fan CPU Cooler
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Thermal Paste COOLER MASTER MASTERGEL MAKER THERMAL COMPOUND
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

I just pasted all of specifications from my order page, if anything else is missing I can update the information above.

Anyone know what the problem could be, or know any fix?
Maybe the GPU is the problem somehow, although the computer was benchmarked and working fine the 2 days before i received the PC.

Last edited:

user

Sorry, I am currently retyping the whole post again, when I had posted it, it all weirdly disappeared :/

Rakk

The Awesome
Sorry, I am currently retyping the whole post again, when I had posted it, it all weirdly disappeared :/

When you are new to the forums often your posts will get put in the mod queue and wont be visible til approved, this however also applies to edits of previously approved posts so it didn't disappear per se, it was just awaiting approval again - it should be visible again now.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah, I tried the auto detect button as well as manually changing to the channel, no luck.

The other thing it could be is that the graphics card is not seated correctly from shipping, this can happen and the beeps you got on first boot do point to a graphics issue.

You may want to unplug the power connector to the graphics card, remove the graphics card completely and slot it back in and reconnect the power.

user

The other thing it could be is that the graphics card is not seated correctly from shipping, this can happen and the beeps you got on first boot do point to a graphics issue.

You may want to unplug the power connector to the graphics card, remove the graphics card completely and slot it back in and reconnect the power.

Any other fixes which I could try?
I don't wanna mess anything up, although if I could get a fix before having to send it back to PCS for repairs I guess that would be the better option.
Before trying to re-seat the graphics, would there be any other fixes I could try?
One last thing, if I were to return the computer, would I need to send the whole thing or would I be able to take out the GPU and send just that for testing?

Maybe the GPU is fine after all and it could be the RAM, I have no idea...

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Any other fixes which I could try?
I don't wanna mess anything up, although if I could get a fix before having to send it back to PCS for repairs I guess that would be the better option.
Before trying to re-seat the graphics, would there be any other fixes I could try?
One last thing, if I were to return the computer, would I need to send the whole thing or would I be able to take out the GPU and send just that for testing?

Maybe the GPU is fine after all and it could be the RAM, I have no idea...

I'm with SpyderTracks here, it's not unheard of for cards to come loose in transit so pop all cards out an back in, making sure they are fully home. It would be worth popping the RAM out and back in as well.

For the record, and assuming you're using AMI BIOS, there is no 1 long and 4 short POST code. Perhaps the first beep was the power on beep and you then heard 4 beeps? 4 short beeps would point to RAM. The 3 beeps you then mention would also pont to RAM (whether it was 3 POST beeps or a power on beep followed by 2 POST beeps). See http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/amibeep.htm.

user

Hmmmm, thank you all for the replies.
I will be getting the exchange done soon so i'll give updates afterwards.