issue with my old Win 7 laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

holdingars

It's my wife laptop and never used for a couple of months. There is a password associated with the computer but she forgot it somehow. any possible to unlock the device and pull off the data?

P.S it is fixed by following [ink removed]. Thanks to all.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's my wife laptop and never used for a couple of months. There is a password associated with the computer but she forgot it somehow. any possible to unlock the device and pull off the data?

No, not without mounting the HDD in another computer and copying off the data and then reinstalling windows.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The above is your best option to get at the data if you can't find the password.

For other members reading this, please note that it is against forum rules to 'Discuss the circumvention of security-related applications' and that means no discussions or links on password-cracking tools or algorithms.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
I echo the other comments.

For anyone thinking it's a bit of a hard line, you have to understand that whilst there is no reason to doubt the veracity of anyone asking, nor is there any way to prove they aren't just trying to do something that they shouldn't be - i.e. gaining access to someone else's machine without their permission.

Kamcasi

Banned

If there is nothing important on this old Win 7 laptop,i suggest you reinstall a Windows 7 or Windows 10 for this laptop,or [removed]

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
As explained above, we can't encourage people to break passwords.

My dad was a teacher and once locked himself out of his car. A couple of the kids from the school saw he was having a problem, asked him what was going on, and helpfully unlocked his car for him in a few seconds...

That was nice of them, but we still don't encourage kids to break into cars :)

Last edited:

Saery

P.S it is fixed by following [link removed]. Thanks to all.
To be honest,making a password reset disk for Windows computer,it won't happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.