Need help choosing monitor

Dinosaur8

So I have been having issues finding a new monitor to get online. I spend most of my time on my pc either making music which is why I have an ultrawide, and gaming (somewhat seriously). I am looking for a new monitor as I want 144hz but i also like gaming on an ultrawide so, can anyone reccomend a monitor? I'm hoping for a 2560 x 1440p 144hz ultrawide monitor but I know those are rare. Budget not much of an issue.

I currently have a LG 25UM58 monitor.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
What's the spec of the PC you're pairing it with (esp. the graphics card)?

Oh and welcome to the fora! :)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I'm hoping for a 2560 x 1440p 144hz ultrawide monitor
This isn't Ultrawide. This is regular 'widescreen' or 16:9.

Ultrawide are the really wide monitors with 21:9 aspect ratio; "1440p ultrawide" typically have 3440x1440 resolution, and are usually 34" monitors - the gaming ones having 100hz refresh rates and gsync/freesync.

But when you think that this is most of the way to 4k resolution, you're not gonna push 144hz in many modern titles anyway so 100hz is probably pretty generous.

We can suggest options if you post the full spec :)

polycrac

Rising Star
I use a 1440p, 165 hz. Even with a 2080ti, I rarely see fps above 130 and then only briefly. Often, with ultra setting on newer games I get less than 100fps. If you can save cash on a 100hz model vs a 144/165hz, do so.