Check please?

Studders86

Trying to stay close to my £1000 budget. Can you see any glaring problems with this? Had a lot of opinions and I'm pretty dead set going with it, one thought that came up was the power supply but I think I have enough here. I have a Zotac GTX 1080TI Mini going in this too which I already own.

Thanks!

Case
PCS CYCLONE GAMING CASE (Red LED Fans)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700K (3.6GHz) 12MB Cache
Get Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 & More w/ select Intel CPUs!
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs WIFI - RGB Ready
Get an AMP500 Gaming Mousemat w/ select GIGABYTE Motherboards!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
NONE, I ALREADY HAVE A GRAPHICS CARD
1st Storage Drive
500GB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 16MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W VS SERIES™ VS-650 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
INTEL STANDARD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Extra Case Fans
2x 120mm Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt Options
2 PORT (2 x TYPE A) USB 3.0 PCI-E CARD + STANDARD USB PORTS

Price £1,025.00 including VAT and Delivery

Frank100

Rising Star
Hi,

A lot depends on your intended use but considering you already have a 1080ti I am assuming it is for graphical based gaming.

A couple of definite items to consider are the CPU cooler, the basic Intel one isn't very good. Any aftermarket cooler will be significantly quieter and keep the CPU cooler.

The other item is storage. The basic HDD in your build isn't really in keeping with a high end CPU, high motherboard and high end GPU. Is there some room to add a M.2 SATA chip for your OS and programs? 256GB would be enough space.

Frank100

Studders86

Thanks for your reply, yes mainly for gaming. I have added the CPU cool now, its the PCS Frostflow 100 and I already have a SSD drive that I will add to the build anyway. Thanks very much!

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I'd suggest a better case. The Cyclone seems to be one of the better really budget cases, but generally the cheaper cases tend to have less in the way of cooling options, airflow, and they can look and feel cheaper too. I'd probably suggest something like the Fractal Focus G.

USB/Thunderbolt Options2 PORT (2 x TYPE A) USB 3.0 PCI-E CARD + STANDARD USB PORTS
Why this? The motherboard and case will already offer a lot of USB ports. If you don't need actually need the card, it's just one more thing in the case affecting airflow.

Power SupplyCORSAIR 650W VS SERIES™ VS-650 POWER SUPPLY
The TXm PSUs are better quality, more efficient, and modular.

1st Storage Drive500GB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 16MB CACHE
Just get the 1TB HDD. I imagine you're only going for the 500gb HDD as it's the cheapest on offer, but the 1TB HDD is only a few quid more, is faster, and obviously is twice as big. You might as well get something semi useful for the money :)

Indeed a 3TB HDD would be only twice the cost of a 500gb HDD (£74 vs £36), so it would be a good opportunity to pick up some cheap mass storage for downloaded games / other archives. Which is always worth considering

Cheaping out on the PSU and the case for a very expensive build raises big question marks for me.

The benefits of the 9700k over the 2700x are questionable for most gaming versus the price.

Last edited: