Keyboard 'W' sticking in game

Haz311289

Silver Level Poster
Hi,
When playing games when holding down the W key to run and letting go it continues to run forward for approx 5 secs, sticky keys is off in the settings and i'm wondering if this could be a hardware issue maybe because of the heat whilst playing games?
I'm unsure if any of you guys have come across this before,
My laptop is a Defiance series 17.3"

Thank you

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,
When playing games when holding down the W key to run and letting go it continues to run forward for approx 5 secs, sticky keys is off in the settings and i'm wondering if this could be a hardware issue maybe because of the heat whilst playing games?
I'm unsure if any of you guys have come across this before,
My laptop is a Defiance series 17.3"

Thank you

Keyboards can get clogged up with dirt which will cause sticks. You may want to check out how to clean it thoroughly under the keys.

Worst comes to worst, you can get a replacement keyboard from PCS, if it's not covered under warranty, they're not expensive.

Haz311289

Silver Level Poster
Keyboards can get clogged up with dirt which will cause sticks. You may want to check out how to clean it thoroughly under the keys.

Worst comes to worst, you can get a replacement keyboard from PCS, if it's not covered under warranty, they're not expensive.

I'll give it a clean tomorrow before i contact them, i'll also dig out an external keyboard to check that, i have to say the W key is getting extremely hot whilst gaming,
I'll check back when i've tried these, cheers.