What does 'Production Time - 3 days' against my order mean?

andrewhawkins986

Bronze Level Poster
Hi,

My order is currently in 'Pre-Production', and alongside it, it says 'Production time - 3 working days'.

Does this mean it is likely to enter into the 'Production' phase in 3 working days, or that the production phase is likely to take 3 days once it starts?

Yes, I realise I should be patient, but it's hard when waiting for my new toy to arrive! :)

Andy

Rakk

The Awesome
I think its just shows how long (in working days) since you ordered, though I could be wrong - its been a while since I last ordered

andrewhawkins986

Bronze Level Poster
Hi,

Ah, that's possible, but I think it said the same thing yesterday. I'll keep an eye on it, and just try to be patient!

Andy

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Your order will probably spend 95% of its time in pre-production, so don't panic. Once it moves into build it's typically built, tested, and dispatched in a couple of days.

andrewhawkins986

Bronze Level Poster
Hi,

Well, it's now gone back to showing 'Production Time - N/A'. I spoke to someone on Friday and they said it would probably go into build on Monday. Will keep an eye on it.

Starting to wish I'd paid extra for an expedited build now :D

Andy

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hi,

Well, it's now gone back to showing 'Production Time - N/A'. I spoke to someone on Friday and they said it would probably go into build on Monday. Will keep an eye on it.

Starting to wish I'd paid extra for an expedited build now
:D

Andy

If I'd had a penny for every time someone has said that I'd have....well, about 8p probably. :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Heh!

So hard to be patient now I've actually pushed the button and ordered it! :)

Andy

I feel your pain, it's the hardest thing in the world, tops waiting for babies, graduation, even waiting for dinner when you're hungry.

I'd lock yourself up in a padded room, it's the only way to be safe :surrender:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I feel your pain, it's the hardest thing in the world, tops waiting for babies, graduation, even waiting for dinner when you're hungry.

There speaks someone who has never been in a 45ft sailing yacht with three reefs in the main and just a scrap of headsail, bashing into a strengthening full-gale with sort, sharp, and big seas (typical in the Mediterranean) and praying that you'll make it round the headland a couple of miles away and into calmer air and water before something on the boat breaks. You'll have to trust me on this, but there is nothing more life-threateningly terrifying than being alone (with your wife) on a small boat in bad weather at sea. Patience doesn't come into it, you set the boat up the best you can and then you hang on and pray. That's the hardest thing in the world, bar none.

:boat: