Do it yourself they said.... it'll be fun they said....

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Thought I would give you all a wee laugh. From a major online retailer. Clearly either getting their stocks "checked" or not checking returns properly. Apparently another customer got a box of clay [rollinglaugh]

2019-01-06 20.01.38.jpg
2019-01-06 16.09.26.jpg

Thought it felt a little light :D

All sorted now thankfully!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Jeez, man, wonder if there are people out there that would fall for that?

To be fair I don't think the culprits are sending the old kit back in order to fool an end user, I guess it's more towards fooling any weighing that gets done on receipt/dispatch. Stranger things have happened though I guess :D

To be fair, clay is silicone based.... :smartass:

Would it run Crysis though? :D

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Grats :)

For those who wonder what that means: https://www.3dmark.com/search#/?mod...or&gpuName=NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080&gpuCount=1

I quite like the look of Asus's new 2080 ti with the AIO cooler. As in, the one completely built into the card.

That does look really special. Temps will be interesting.

These chips overclock really well though. 2.1ghz without even breaking sweat. I haven't touched the voltage either. Adding in bonkers cooling and upping the voltage will see some silly figures on a good chip :D

5Ghz is the most I've managed on my 9900k so far. I might try 5.1ghz but I don't think I'll get past that. Didn't win the silicone lottery with the CPU at least :)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I love the packaging of the new CPUs. I had seen pictures of it but I wasn't sure of scale. I know that we obviously pay for it but it's a nice touch to seem like something is a bit special.

2019-01-12 15.20.54.jpg

Love a neat build
2019-01-12 17.52.00.jpg

First power on
2019-01-12 17.57.13.jpg

RGB is over-rated, if I must though... it has to be red. Bit of a shame as it lives in a cupboard under the stairs.
IMG-20190112-WA0038.jpeg

Out of curiosity, is reviewing parts ok? I was absolutely blown away with the R6 case, it's so much smaller than I expected too. The Antec it replaced was so much bigger. I would review the bits I used if that helped customers make decisions on which parts to chose in their build.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Regarding the 'bricks' thing, have a look at the 2TB 970 Evo Plus listing user reviews... mind-blowing.

Makes them sending me a customer return with open packaging as "new" pale in comparison...

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
There's clearly a rather gaping hole in their handling of either returns or straight up theft from employees.