Disk activity light very bright

andrewhawkins986

Bronze Level Poster
Hi,

Just taken delivery of a new system (details in sig).

However, the disk activity light on the Focus G case is incredibly bright. Anyone else noticed this? Is there any way to tone this down at all?

Thanks

Andy

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Give it time. It could be Windows having an index or an update.

You can use Task Manager in Windows to see what is causing high disk usage.

Or do you just mean disk activity is pretty normal but the LED is too bright? If so it's not like RGB LEDs where you can control them.

andrewhawkins986

Bronze Level Poster
Or do you just mean disk activity is pretty normal but the LED is too bright? If so it's not like RGB LEDs where you can control them.

Activity is normal, but the drive activity LED in the case is like a beacon!

I think I need to invest in some sort of sticker to attenuate it!

Andy

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Are you sure the LED is fitted in the case properly? I realise it comes with the chassis and that PCS don't normally touch it, but I'm wondering whether it's popped out somehow and that's why it's taken on the characteristics of a lighthouse??

andrewhawkins986

Bronze Level Poster
Hi,
Are you sure the LED is fitted in the case properly? I realise it comes with the chassis and that PCS don't normally touch it, but I'm wondering whether it's popped out somehow and that's why it's taken on the characteristics of a lighthouse??

I can't say I've looked in detail, but I didn't immediately notice anything that would suggest it's not fitted correctly. Also, I found an Amazon review of the case that mentions the same thing.

I suspect they just thought it'd be 'cool' to put a 100W bulb in there as a disk activity LED... :)

Andy

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,

I can't say I've looked in detail, but I didn't immediately notice anything that would suggest it's not fitted correctly. Also, I found an Amazon review of the case that mentions the same thing.

I suspect they just thought it'd be 'cool' to put a 100W bulb in there as a disk activity LED... :)

Andy

lols, maybe it's hallogen!