Bsod

fubarwalking

Hi Guys, thank you for taking time out to read this.

I recently installed a new PSU and SSD into my system. since then I've had nothing but BSOD pop up with DPC-WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133). So I took the SSD out thinking it could be that, still bsod, so I took out the new psu and put the old one back in. still get bsod. so i reset windows, same deal. update all drivers and even motherboard bios, still same thing, been like this for a week.

here is a link to my onedrive shared folders with a couple of dump files in. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhhrhcT_ApB2lm0C0kIwJRf5GGVA

comp specs -
Case
NZXT H440 MID-TOWER GAMING CASE (BLACK/RED)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-7700k (4.2GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG MAXIMUS IX FORMULA: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB HyperX SAVAGE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 8GB Kit)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive
240GB HyperX SAVAGE 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
2nd Storage Drive
2TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY

the new PSU is a VS-650 power supply and the new SSD is a Samsung 860 evo

AGAIN, Thank you for taking time out to read this and help out where you can =) have a great day

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi Guys, thank you for taking time out to read this.

I recently installed a new PSU and SSD into my system. since then I've had nothing but BSOD pop up with DPC-WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133). So I took the SSD out thinking it could be that, still bsod, so I took out the new psu and put the old one back in. still get bsod. so i reset windows, same deal. update all drivers and even motherboard bios, still same thing, been like this for a week.

here is a link to my onedrive shared folders with a couple of dump files in. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhhrhcT_ApB2lm0C0kIwJRf5GGVA

comp specs -
Case
NZXT H440 MID-TOWER GAMING CASE (BLACK/RED)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-7700k (4.2GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG MAXIMUS IX FORMULA: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB HyperX SAVAGE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 8GB Kit)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive
240GB HyperX SAVAGE 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
2nd Storage Drive
2TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY

the new PSU is a VS-650 power supply and the new SSD is a Samsung 860 evo

AGAIN, Thank you for taking time out to read this and help out where you can =) have a great day

The dump files point to ntosknl.dll as the cause which normally points to a memory issue.

I'd remove both sticks and reinsert them fully back in to make sure they're properly seated, then try again.

If that doesn't clear it, do an 8 pass scan with memtest86.exe

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I've looked at your latest dump, the failing module there is ndis.sys which is the networking API driver built in to Windows. It may well have been this driver failing earlier and which was only caught by ntoskrnl.dll - it's quite common for driver failures not to be found until the kernel gets control again.

That said, it's unlikely to be ndis.sys itself that's at fault, partly because it's part of Windows, but also because it's what's known as a 'wrapper driver' in that it's the interface for the other networking drivers in the system.

I would be checking that all your networking devices are properly installed and they have the correct drivers properly installed.

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION stop is almost always a driver. This BSOD occurs because a module ran at a high interrupt request level (IRQ) for longer than it's allowed to. High IRQs are used by drivers, and whilst Windows code runs at high IRQ levels as well drivers are the main cause of problems in this area.