Music production setup

Minozis

Hey guys,

I'm building a proper (though still beginner) little studio at home.
I am already using ableton, Nordstage (singing, keys, piano), a condensator Microphone, KRK speakers and I want to keep these on my new desktop (enough .
I already have a external sound interface, so I don't think I would need a special soundcard in my desktop (?).
I was was using a laptop until now, but I feel I need a more powerfull machine as I am progressing in music utilities.

Can you suggest something from the specs below:

Behuizing
CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ 200R COMPACTE BEHUIZING VOOR GAMING
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7-processor met zes kernen i7-8700 (3,2 GHz) cache van 12 MB
Moederbord
Gigabyte Z390 UD: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6 GBs - geschikt voor RGB
Geheugen (RAM)
16 GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2666 MHz (2 x 8 GB)
Grafische kaart
GEÏNTEGREERDE GRAFISCHE VERSNELLER (GPU)
1e Storage Drive
500 GB SATA-III 3,5" HDD, 6 GB/s, 7200 RPM, CACHE VAN 16 MB
1e M.2 SSD-station
256 GB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (maximaal 3210 MB/sR | 1315 MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY-station
NIET VEREIST
Geheugenkaartlezer
USB 3.0 EXTERNE SD/MICRO SD-KAARTLEZER
Voeding
CORSAIR 550W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRASTIL
Stroomkabel
1 x stroomkabel van 1 meter voor Europa
Processorkoeling
Corsair H55 Hydro Cooler (vloeistofgekoeld) met ultra stille ventilatoren PCS
Warmtegeleidende pasta
STANDAARD WARMTEGELEIDENDE PASTA VOOR VOLDOENDE KOELING
Geluidskaart
8 KANALEN (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO INGEBOUWD (STANDAARD)
Draadloos/bedraad netwerk
DRAADLOOS 802.11N 300 Mbps/2,4 GHz PCI-E-KAART
USB/Thunderbolt-opties
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0-POORTEN + 6 x USB 2.0-POORTEN OP ACHTERPANEEL + MIN. 2 POORTEN VOOR

Thanks in advance!!

Frank100

Rising Star
Hi,

Is the build you came up with your max budget and how much did it come to?

For audio work I would always suggest a motherboard with optical audio and the one in your build doesn't have that. Whilst you might only have USB audio peripherals now, you are limiting yourself by not having optical audio. Optical audio doesn't allow 'noise' from the computer to leak through, whereas USB does. When using higher quality speakers these are sensitive enough to detect that 'noise' and it results in hum.

If you have a bit more budget I would say get a better motherboard and power supply. I would suggest a different cooler too. If you had another 100 Euro more again I would say get the i7 9700K. If you are at budget then there are excellent options from AMD to consider.

Frank100

Mustafo95

Silver Level Poster
Which is the best product among those listed in this site?
[Removed link that shouldn't have been there in the first place - also removed the post as it was duplicated in many threads - Rakk]
Spec wise they're all mediocre. You did the right decision by choosing PCS as the vendor to buy from. Now all you need to do is figure what all those computers have in common that is excellent for music production. You're in the right track