Internet Issues

Linoshi

Hi guys,

I wasn't sure which section to post this, so apologies if it is inappropriate.

I got my new PC yesterday, connected it up to the Wi-Fi with no issues and got full signal (better than my previous computer). However, the internet seems extremely unstable.

While browsing the internet it's extremely slow, freezes up or displays a page stating the connection is insecure. Multiplayer games refuse to connect to the servers...Black Ops 4 just gives me the error code BLZBNTBGS000003F8 and Star Wars Battlefront 2 won't even load into the menu.

I had zero issues on my old computer, so there's something that clearly needs tweaking on this new computer.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Have you attached the antennas? They're in the welcome pack box with all that other stuff. :)

Linoshi

Yes, they are.

Weirdly the issue subsided and is now back with full force. I was able to play on both Black Ops 4 and Star Wars Battlefront II for the past couple of days and now I'm back to being unable to access the servers at all.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Yes, they are.

Weirdly the issue subsided and is now back with full force. I was able to play on both Black Ops 4 and Star Wars Battlefront II for the past couple of days and now I'm back to being unable to access the servers at all.

Is it just these games or all Internet use? Can you run a speed test (I generally use speedtest.net)?

If you can, it would be well worth connecting the PC to the router via an Ethernet cable - even if that means temporarily moving the PC. That will eliminate WiFi as a cause.

Linoshi

It's practically any online game. I don't know if this would help but I just tried to login into Battlefront II and it would not connect to the servers. I tabbed out to see if the router had lost connection or the internet was down, it was fine. I then tabbed out try to use the browser, which at this time would not load any pages. I then closed Battlefront, which was still telling me it was not online...I then tried to access the browser again and it automatically started working. It's almost as if these online games are blocking the internet or there's clearly something blocking them from connecting to the servers.

Test from last night.

Capture.PNG

Test this afternoon, with your suggested site.

Capture 1.PNG

Another thing, I was obviously scouring the internet for any possible fixes. One guy suggest editing the advanced settings on the adapater, but once I was in the settings there was nothing really there to adjust like others had.

Capture 4.PNG

Capture 3.PNG

I'll see if I can get an Ethernet cable today to see if it's strictly a Wi-Fi issue.

EDIT:

Another thing that is happening is at times Windows will act like there is an issue, but I am able to connect to the internet.

Capture 5.PNG

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
There is nothing wrong with your Internet connection based on that speed test, that's awesome in fact!

Before trying to troubleshoot further it's best to try the Ethernet cable first so that you can eliminate (or focus on) the WiFi.

What firewall do you use?

Linoshi

There is nothing wrong with your Internet connection based on that speed test, that's awesome in fact!

Before trying to troubleshoot further it's best to try the Ethernet cable first so that you can eliminate (or focus on) the WiFi.

What firewall do you use?

Everywhere I went was sold out and my partner for some reason thought it was a smart idea to throw the router box out with one in! So, currently not able to test that, but once I can get my hands on one I'll definitely try.

I completely uninstalled my Anti-Virus and disabled windows firewall. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to help either.

I'm really getting angry with it now. :taz:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Everywhere I went was sold out and my partner for some reason thought it was a smart idea to throw the router box out with one in! So, currently not able to test that, but once I can get my hands on one I'll definitely try.

I completely uninstalled my Anti-Virus and disabled windows firewall. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to help either.

I'm really getting angry with it now. :taz:

Try moving the PC closer to the wireless router. WiFi is well known to suffer from interference issues.