Crashing with white lines

Mulligan

Silver Level Poster
Hi, my Vortex II (specs in sig) has hung in there for about 7 years, close to replacing it but want it to last just a little longer.

In the last two days it's starting crashing while playing Overwatch, the screen just fills with vertical white lines and the machine becomes completely unresponsive until a hard reboot at which point it boots as normal.

The first thought was temperatures but they are not going any higher than normal (in the mid 80Cs, which is the levels it's always reached).

Anyone have any ideas what could be going wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
No, but the usual catch-all of using DDU to remove the GPU drivers and then doing a clean install of the latest drivers downloaded off the Nvidia website is worth a try if you've not already.

And if that fails, trying various older drivers, sweeping with DDU each time.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
WHat version of WIndows did it come with and what version are you running now? Have there been any Windows updates in the last two days?

Mulligan

Silver Level Poster
I've never tried DDU before, might have to give it a go.

It came with Windows 7 and now runs 10. There was a Win update on 18/‎01/‎2019, which could coincide with when the issue started. I'll have to have a google around to see if anyone else is now experiencing the same issues.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've never tried DDU before, might have to give it a go.

It came with Windows 7 and now runs 10. There was a Win update on 18/‎01/‎2019, which could coincide with when the issue started. I'll have to have a google around to see if anyone else is now experiencing the same issues.

Did you try the ddu approach?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
One thing at a time of course. The DDU suggestion is a wise one to try first, but if that doesn't help back-out the recent Windows updates and see whether they might have been the cause. :)