Nvidia GTX 1050ti OC causing computer to freeze.

Chikechy

My specs:
CPU: Intel Core i3 540 3.07GHz
RAM: 6GB DDR3 (2x 2GB, 2X 1GB)
GPU: ASUS Nvidia GTX 1050ti OC Edition 4GB
Motherboard: Intel DH57DD
PSU: Inter-tech SL-500G 500W
SSD: 120 GB Samsung SSD 840 Series ATA

At first everything worked fine, apart from my screen turning on and off, especially wheni was using geforce experience and even in chrome. Then my game crashed. I restarted my pc and tried running the game again but it didn't work, same with every other game. They crashed on startup. It gave me a notification saying: "Application X has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" I tried everything I saw on forums (and i'm serious) , but it just made it worse. My whole pc started freezing, my CPU usage kept getting stuck at 100% and the screen flashing became unbearable. The thing is that it works perfectly fine with an older GPU or integrated graphics. We sent it back to get it fixed but they said that it works perfectly for them. So my guess is that it has something to do with an old cpu, lack of ram or just generally outdated components.

I am not an expert in computers so please don't be mad if I messed anything up :p
Thank you in advance!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As PCS sell custom desktops and laptops we can’t advise on self builds or competitor builds, you may want to check out toms hardware which is an open forum.