What is the best windows antivirus software for windows 10 ?

planetnews78

hello guys,

here i am searching for what is the best windows antivirus softwares for windows 10 ? for your windows 10 operating system.
in the latest version you need to protect your operating system.
so i want to discuss with which antivirus software you have and what's your opinion to other which antivirus you provide them.
also i am using he bit-defender antivirus for my windows 10 operating system and now switch to the other antivirus software. so i just want to know which antivirus is best and which is similar to the bit-defender antivirus.
i using tha bit-defender antivirus since 2 years now and going to buy new antivirus program. so if you know about the answer of this question please answer this question. this answer is suggest me which antivirus which my wndows 10 operating system.

i also tried the malwarebytes.
it's really hard to find the best antivirus software when you using the bit-defender.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I use windows defender included with windows 10

Then I use the free version of malwarebytes to do manual scans once a week.

Imho it’s the perfect combination.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Well that's I nice plug for BitDefender, how many times did you mention it...?

I'm with Tony1044, for all but the most adventurous and experimental users Windows Defender is the best anti-malware tool for Windows 10.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I did search the text to see if it came up on any other sites...

I gave up on bit defender after it caused black screens and blue screens at different points. Went to Avira free, until it got too adverty. Since then using Avast free with no issues, and Windows Defender on some systems.

And Malwarebytes free ofc.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
UK English voiceovers and reassuring ping noises ��

In that vein, I've always found this hilarious:

2019-02-17 18_13_47-steam simplified english - Google Search.png

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I used Avast for many years but since Windows Defender has upped its game I haven't bothered re-installing after any clean installs.

Windows Defender & MalwareBytes scans for me now too.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
I've seen a distinct shift to MS's offering in the enterprise since it integrated with SCCM. After all, if you're paying for the licensing of something as expensive as SCCM is, why wouldn't you save money on AV licensing now that SCCM can give you all the reporting that was traditionally missing.

Add to that, it's ability to be run in a sandbox which is another major improvement.

I have always been a fan of Avast but I've found that a combination of careful browsing habits, Defender and MalwareBytes' offerings, there's really no need for any third party offering.

I do understand it's a double-edged sword in some ways - Microsoft should know better than anyone how to secure their OS but sometimes you just want a third party to change the attack surface.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I'm still using Comodo Internet Security (CIS) but ONLY because CIS auto-sandboxes any process that it doesn't know about, that's real zero-day protection. Once Windows can do that I'll switch....

Stephen M

Author Level
I regularly run Clamtk as an additional check, have never found anything really nasty but a few suspicious things have slipped through in the past so worth checking. A bit of paranoia does not hurt where security is concerned.