Anthem free weekend this weekend (and other free things)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Anyone else play the Anthem thing at all?

It was very pretty and good pew pew value, though I'm not sure I 'got' the point of it.

Also my 3770k currently at 4.5GHz was at 100% load and making my CPU bound with periodic FPS drops at the High preset with a 970. Out in the world, the 970 was enough for over 60fps in high-medium at 1080p.

Not sure what's going on with CPU usage: https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/anthem-performance-and-settings/

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I tried it for a few hours last night, but found it incredibly annoying as each time I was just getting into it, it would warp onto another scene, I got fed up, just wasn’t very fluid imho.

Visually stunning, but I think they still need to work on some stuff, I had to turn down a few settings on my 1080 at 1440p just to maintain playable framrates and I’m sure the recommended hardware was a 1070, so should have been able to max it out.

mishra

Rising Star
I've played it too. To my surprise I found it really enjoyable. While movement felt clunky at first after 30 mins or so of getting used to flying and controlling your javelin, game just clicked and I had a proper fun.
As already mentioned it's visually stunning, movement is great and it feels like it may be a great shooter overall. I also liked the progression and the whole loot based game-style. All in all, I am hyped for this game... and I already got the key (qualifying Ryzen purchase). So bring on release day...

I think for as long as you have 3 friends and you are on some voice-com (aka do not play just alone) I cannot see this game will disappoint. So far it seems a perfect co-op game.
I cannot comment on end-game and for how long the game will entertain but last weekend I really had a blast. Something I didn't really get from BF:V, Destiny, Division, etc... Anthem, seems to be "fresh" in a way it's hard to put a finger on.

edit: ops, I thought I got Anthem for free but it turned out to be Division 2. Not quite sure how I confused these two!

Last edited: