Octane VI for working/gaming

slackWars

Ciao All,
I'm an Italian guy so, sorry for my English ;)
I would like to buy an Octane VI:
i9 Intel® Core™ i9-9900K
DDR4 SODIMM Corsair 2666 MHz 32 GB
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2060
I will use it for work (I'm an angular developer) and for gaming.
What do you think about the reliability of this machine?
I will use the notebook for 8 10 hours per day.
Will be there a thermal issue or other strange things?

Thank you

Rajen

DDR4 SODIMM Corsair 2666 MHz 32 GB seems excessive; 16 GB should be enough; 2400 MHZ may be cheaper and better performing that 2666

see reviews of 9900k vs 9700k for the programmes you intend to use, bearing in mind that for many games 9900k may be no better than a 9700k

Stephen M

Author Level
I have had two Octanes, both with i7s and they have been very good but I would not put an i9 in one as it runs very hot and as good as the Octane cooling is I would worry with an i9 in it, especially with the loads you are suggesting. Without knowing more about angular developer and what software you use it is difficult to comment on RAM, although faster is better it is whether the speed increase justifies the price increase.

slackWars

I'm reading that more people speak of "repaste"
how did you mean with repaste?
I will have to do this?
When I have to do? every month/year?

Thanks a lot!!

big3y3s

I'm reading that more people speak of "repaste"
how did you mean with repaste?
I will have to do this?
When I have to do? every month/year?

Thanks a lot!!

When people refer to a repaste they are talking about removing the thermal compound from the CPU and/or GPU and applying a new thermal compound.
It is good practice to carry out this every year or so to maintain optimum thermal efficiency. There are guides on here or places like youtube that show you how to carry out this procedure but it isnt too difficult.

Sometimes a lot of overheating issues from gpu's can be solved with a good clean and a repaste.