Proteus Thermals

Greenman

Enthusiast
Looking at some new RTX laptops and the Proteus is very competitively priced. Not sure what Clevo chassis it is though so can't find out much about it. I do know however that the last one with the 10xx cards had some issues with thermal throttling/overheating etc. Is the refreshed one now fixed?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The Proteus is usually a Quanta chassis I think. You could call PCS and ask for the model number. if you find out, let us know :)

Or it might be on here https://www.fortunetechnology.com/

I had a quick scan of the page (like 2 seconds) and saw Quanta NL5E, not sure if that's it.

big3y3s

Quanta NL5E is correct but that's as much as i could find out about it. It looks to be a slightly different version of the NL5C to accommodate the new RTX cards. They are brand new cards so there may be one or two issues with the first wave of laptops on the market, they may have used the previous Proteus and learnt from that though.

I've got mine on order so I can run a few tests when i get it. For me it was a toss up between the Recoil II with the 2060 or 2070 Max-Q or the Proteus VI, the Proteus won as it has the full 2070 and not the Max-Q version.

Rajen

The Proteus looks nice and reassuringly thick. It somehow makes me feel that the thermals may be better, although independent reviews have given high marks to recoil thermals. And the Proteus is I think the least expensive laptop with similar specs on the market; irrespective of whether you are looking for big name brands or own brand laptops