Octane VI 17.3" Laptop - i9, 64Gb RAM, RTX 2080 - Arrived Yesterday!

fejerm

Well now, that seems much much better :)

Agreed, it is much more louder, I believe you can set up a custom fan curve on the Clevo software, just find the perfect settings for yourself. Just try to keep the VGA at max 80C.

On the other hand which one is better?
Playing with headphones OR not playing at all because your are waiting for a new VGA ? :)

Do you have any game which uses DX12? Like Rise of the Tomb Raider? If yes, could you test it out please that do you see this issue explained here or not?

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...e-ghosting-on-panel-auo-b173han03-2-gtx-1070/

Even running a TimeSpy test is enough if it has the bug you can see it during that test too.

Thank you!

ps: My Octane VI order just entered "In Building" :)

Last edited:

AdamVFX

I'm playing around with the fan settings, you can get the fans to hit max when it reaches certain temps using the software, so i'll probably just set it to full fan at 65-70C for GPU.

I only just noticed there are a bunch of utility tools to download, and the Clevo Control Panel is pretty intuitive.

Nice to know I can get the temps down low under 65C for GPU if I need to.

I don't want fans on max all the time though, it's annoying.

I'll do some DirectX 12 tests now. Got new Tomb Raider Demo.

I should also be able to download Anthem in about 45 minutes. Think that is DirectX 12 too.

Pacifix

Hello Adam,

I sent you a pm and I thought maybe you would have a notification if I wrote a message here.

Have a nice week end!