Recoil 2 2070 MQ can't install latest nvidia Driver??? Help please

superswirl

Bronze Level Poster
So I received my Recoil 2 and so far not bad although I'm having issues with the keyboard not registering 2 fast key strokes... which is getting on my nerves tbh I heard this is a comon issue? a shame becasue the feel of the keyboard is to my liking

And as in the tittle i cant update the drivers to the latest. I get error message: This version of windows is not compatible (wrong because im on latest vesion) and cannot find compatible nvidia hardware. I uninstalled the driver pre installed with ddu and tried installing latest but no luck.

I hope you guys can help!!

Also the recoil is having the weirdest issue ive ever come across: if I leave the mini DP connected to my monitor it will boot VERY slowly and I lose my SATA SSD... This is another anoyance as I like to have my laptop connected to it when gaming at home

PS: the 2070 MQ is performing a little beter than what ive seen reading bench results on the web.. not by much but its a great GPU considering it fits in this smal chassis (you will notice the letter L mising becasue of issue mentioned above)

Thanks guys!!

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
which version are you trying to install? And by what method? Downloading manually or through nvidia experience?

superswirl

Bronze Level Poster
I'm trying to install latest 418.81. I tried both manually and with Geforce experience. Geforce gives me this message: unable to download recommended driver. Geforce did also say that they were no new drivers available but I know for a fact that the 418.81 supports the latest RTX Max-Q series.

They meant to help improve performance

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm trying to install latest 418.81. I tried both manually and with Geforce experience. Geforce gives me this message: unable to download recommended driver. Geforce did also say that they were no new drivers available but I know for a fact that the 418.81 supports the latest RTX Max-Q series.

They meant to help improve performance

yeah, they've supported the max q since beginning of feb.

I can't find any reference to the issues you're experiencing... what version of windows are you on?

Gonna state some obvious things initially, just ruling out potential blocks to the update.

superswirl

Bronze Level Poster
I'm on 1809, the latest build as far as I know. Windows update hasnt been pushing anything but defender definitions updates.So its up to date but nothing than the drivers from the PCS download page will work. Im desperate to see how this performs with latest drivers.

G0975

Hi Will,

Glad to see you've got your system and I hope you are enjoying! With regards to the keystroke issue, I'm not that fast of a typer but I have noticed I have sent one or two messages with missing letters. This makes sense now, although it's only happened once or twice for myself.

Now that you've mentioned latest drivers, I've noticed that I am running an older version than the most recent (and apparently compatible) driver... I've tried to manually install and I've just got the exact same error, this version of windows is not compatible. GeForce experience says I'm up to date... Very odd. I might try a clean reinstall as I have also just noticed that I'm missing the Nvidia control panel too...

It makes me wonder if we're stuck with certified drivers? If so, I hope PCS keeps us updated... I think I will call them tomorrow. Let me know if you have any news!

superswirl

Bronze Level Poster
Oh HI!

ok, well I'm glad to hear the keyboard isnt just me. You can still install the drivers from the PCS download page in your PCS account, this will give you the control panel and geforce experience. Doing a clean install won't help much, I also thought of doing that but I've got the feeling it won't help, also I don't want to go through reinstalling all my apps/games

I will also be in contact with PCS, let me know if they give you a fix!

PS: can you also try plugging in a mini DP cable in a monitor and tell me if you get the same behaviour as me? That would be of ENORMOUS help to know I don't have an isolated problem. Thanks!

G0975

Hi again,

I've just been on the phone to PCS. The issue is not intended and they have confirmed that they do not work off of a certified driver basis (phew). They are manually editing the latest driver to be compatible with my system as we speak and sending me the download for that within the next hour. They have said that Nvidia have not added this system to the list of compatible drivers yet hence the trip up... They have been working to fix it and they have assured me that in the future I will be able to manually update the GPU drivers myself through the Geforce experience as soon as they have rectified this with Nvidia.

I currently don't have a monitor I'm afraid nor any display port cables. Bare with it may be something I can do in the future.

roakes

Bronze Level Poster
Mine is due to arrive next week and I will be using it primarily through a 1440p Gsync monitor via the mini DP, I'll let you know how mine acts, it'll be the full 2070 though as it's the 17"

Last edited:

superswirl

Bronze Level Poster
but the drivers from nvidia that support notebooks support all laptop rtx cards but yeah they might have to update for my specific chassis which I believe uses the same logic board as the 17

Never mind, I did contact them but still no reply... I've been trying to get them to install all weekend lol

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
but the drivers from nvidia that support notebooks support all laptop rtx cards but yeah they might have to update for my specific chassis which I believe uses the same logic board as the 17

Never mind, I did contact them but still no reply... I've been trying to get them to install all weekend lol

Best to phone, email takes a long time to reply.