Recoil II with 2070MaxQ thoughts?

PersianP

Hi,
I have just ordered the recoil 2 with 2070MaxQ. should arrive next monday and very excited. Just wondering if you could tell me more about the performance of this laptop and also is the screen any good? Hows the Thermals under gaming? I highly appreciate it

Thanks

superswirl

Bronze Level Poster
its a good laptop. OC the 2070 MQ and you will get full laptop gtx 1070ish performance, this increases a bit when you play at higher resolutions. Screen is great. The 8750h overheats and thermal throttles but its just almost always the case with that cpu in most laptops. Undervolt it using intel XTU (-125 mv / -100mv) and test for stability with aida64 or cinebench.

You will find a big community online for this chassis. Google TongFang 15" and you're good to go.

There a ways to make the 2070MQ use a higher TDP and gain 15-20% performance but i'll let you figure that out :)

Enjoy and remember: Never settle for out of the box performance you will be leaving a lot of it on the table.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Please be aware, overclocking the GPU in any laptop will void your warranty with PCS and is highly ill advised on any laptop as the cooling just can't handle it.

PersianP

So you are suggesting that the 2070 MaxQ is slower than 1070 laptop? So in another word 2070 mq is same as 1070 mq

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
See:
https://www.techspot.com/review/1792-geforce-rtx-2070-max-q-laptop/

And also:
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphics-Cards.13849.0.html

The numbers on notebookcheck.net vary a little in terms of what GPU a 2070 Max-Q beats / matches / loses to. Some of it may be variation between games, and some of it is based on different chassis they've tested having different effects on performance through cooling ability it. The 2070 Max-Q doesn't seem much better than a 2060.

PersianP

In the first review they used Aero 15 which runs on a single chanel RAM if im mistaken.

Last edited:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
If you mean the Techspot review:
Thanks go to Gigabyte for sending in their brand new Aero 15 X9 which packs the RTX 2070 Max-Q. ... Our review unit was kitted out with 32GB of dual-channel DDR4, the same configuration in the Aero 15X with the GTX 1070. The testing was focused on 1080p gaming.

PersianP

I found out that the 2070 mq uses 10watt less power than the 2060. Does that mean it produces less heat? also does it have an effect on the battery life? My laptop is arriving tomorrow ��

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I found out that the 2070 mq uses 10watt less than the 2060. Does that mean it produces less heat? also does it have an effect on the battery life?

That's what the max-q variants are for, lower powered for less heat so they can be squeezed into thin chassis. And yes, it will likely improve battery life somewhat.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
10W less under load, or on idle?

If under load, that's not really going to help battery life much.. you can't expect to game under heavy load on a laptop for long, Max-Q or not.