Stock cooler for the Ryzen 2700X...

Lucreciae

So, when building a system on this site I had picked out an AMD Ryzen 2700X [notably, because this particular CPU comes with the Wraith Prism as its stock cooler.]

I had also picked "Standard AMD CPU cooler" in the "Power and Cooling" sub-section.

To confirm as to whether or not this site will actually supply me the Wraith Prism [reminder: this is the stock cooler that actually COMES OUT OF THE BOX with the Ryzen 2700X], I sent an e-mail. I received an e-mail back with only raised even more questions. I was told the following:

"Thank you for getting in touch. We do have some Wraith Prism coolers however these are limited stock and are subject to availability. If this cooler is unavailable at the time of your order we would install a Wraith Spire cooler.

To check if your order would include the prism cooler I recommend to give us a call on 0333 011 7000 once you are ready to place the order so stock can be check and one assigned to your order."

I'm not sure how they are "subject to availability", given how EVERY 2700X comes with one - so, surely, the 2700X that will be installed on my motherboard will also have a Wraith Prism in the same box...?! Or is my cooler basically being replaced with a cheaper, less efficient one, and sold on sepeately elsewhere?

Clarification/explaination highly needed.

Please and thanks

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Customer service with PCS always seems a little disjointed IMO. You will always be recommended to give them a call. It's the best way to get the info you need :)

Glad it comes with the right cooler though, it's pretty decent.