PC crashed and now having problems...

millar98

Hello guys 👋,

So I was playing Apex legends today and was mid way through a round when suddenly my computer froze and there where white lines across the screen. The computer then seemed to restart itself as soon as this happened and ever since, will no longer show on my monitor. Like it turns on and the lights are all on by the monitor dosent pick it up. I though the monitor may have been the problem but i tried using a different monitor and I still get the same problem.

The only difference I can really tell is the computer seems to be a lot quieter when I turn it on (plus the not being able to see anything lol)

Does anyone know what may have caused this to happen and if I would be able to fix it?

Thanks

millar98

Graphics card I have is raedon r7 280x, not too sure on the rest but I’ll have a look when I’m home. I’ve had the computer for about 4/5 years so is it possible that the graphics card has ran its course?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Graphics card I have is raedon r7 280x, not too sure on the rest but I’ll have a look when I’m home. I’ve had the computer for about 4/5 years so is it possible that the graphics card has ran its course?

From the symptoms it sounds like it's failed.

Depending on your specs you may have an integrated graphics card which you can use to check if it's still booting correctly which will prove further if it's a graphics issue.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
This does sound like a graphics card failure, but it could possibly be a Windows issue too. You need to eliminate Windows as a potential cause, so boot the Windows install media - or any bootable media for that matter. If you get a good display then it's quite possibly a Windows issue.

You can also prove it's the graphics card itself if your CPU has on-board graphics. If so, remove the graphics card and plug the monitor into the on-board graphics port. If that works, either with Windows or with other bootable software, but your graphics card doesn't then that's a big pointer to a graphics card failure.

Also, how old is the PC? If it's more than a year or so this issue might be overheating and so a good clean would be in order. :)

Edit: Darn, I got distracted whilst typing that and SpyderTracks beat me to it! :taz: