Can i use 3 screens with this laptop?

TranceCommunity

I bought a Vortex 3 a few years back and want to code with 3 screens. No gaming

Code:
Chassis & Display Vortex Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3610QM (2.30GHz) 6MB
Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card AMD® Radeon® HD 7970M - 2GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
1st Storage Drive 120GB INTEL® 330 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 500MB/sR | 450MB/sW)
2nd Storage Drive 1TB WD SCORPIO BLUE WD10JPVT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 8MB CACHE (5400 rpm)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 2nd/3rd HDD HARD DRIVE OPTICAL BAY CADDY
Memory Card Reader Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Battery Vortex 15.6" Series 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (5,200 mAh/76.96WH)
Power Cable 1 x UK Power Lead & 180W AC Adaptor
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Wireless/Wired Networking GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® N135 802.11N (150Mbps) + BLUETOOTH
USB/Thunderbolt Options 3 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT AS STANDARD
Firewire 1 X 1394a FIREWIRE PORT
Keyboard Language INTEGRATED BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The chassis matters because of the display outputs it supports. It's unlikely anyone here will just know the answer with absolute certainty, but if you tell us the Clevo chassis model we can try to find out for you :)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Are you planning to use a USB Hub to accomplish this or are you looking to directly connect each monitor to the laptop?

I'm currently hooked up to 3 monitors via Displaylink via USB3.0 for 2 of the monitors and HDMI for the 3rd. Using this method you should have no issues. Direct connection will depend on how many outputs your laptop has and how many can be enabled at the same time, hence the model query. Your GPU will be able to handle the demand just fine though.

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
If it's the same as mine (in my signature) it's the P170EM

EDIT... doh just realised he has the 15" version and therefore.... it's not the same as mine :whistling: