Recoil II 2060 RTX Throttling issues

Filbee

Just received a new 15 inch Recoil II 2060 RTX. Getting a lot of power limit throttling even on Game mode, BIOS is 1.02 and EC is 1.02.09, Read that the 1.02 BIOS has some power issues, although that was for the 1060 version. Also noted in BIOS that there is a BIOS level undervolt of .50 in place - not a bad thing, as usually the 8750H responds well to UV with lower temperatures.

I've asked PCS if they have a newer BIOS/EC for this model and will update if they respond, otherwise might have to return this one. Thermal limitations can be addressed with repaste or undervolt, but PL throttling is something I don't fully understand how to sort.

Eyek

I would really like to see how this works out.

I have the same system. Do you have duel channel RAM in this machine?

Filbee

Yes -2 x 4gb. No reply from PCS as yet, but I messaged them via their support link. Might take a while. I'm deaf so not an option to call them.

PersianP

Just ordered mine and now thinking twice about it. Also is it true that the 2060 is faster than 2070MaxQ in some games?

Filbee

All I can say is the 2060 is plenty fast. Thermals are great too, a small undervolt and running games at about 75-80c on factory paste. Not sure if the power limit throttling has any real world impact to be honest, but I've explained what I see to PCS and asked them to confirm the latest BIOS/EC versions available

Eyek

Where do you see the power limit throttling? I would be interested to see where I can monitor this. Thank you!

Eyek

Using Throttlestop "Limits" window shows PL2 and EDP Other as limit reasons for CPU Core

Interesting I get EDP Other and I get PL1 coming up.

I have absolutely no idea what I am supposed to make of this though.

If I do an AIDA64 test and monitor the CPU I do not see the CPU throttling.

Very interested to see what comes of this post in relation to our CPUs.

Perhaps this is all fixed with just a BIOS update?

Last edited:

Filbee

PCS have confirmed the BIOS and EC are up to date. Nothing more to be done at present. As real world impact is minimal I think I'll live with it and wait/see for now.

Eyek

PCS have confirmed the BIOS and EC are up to date. Nothing more to be done at present. As real world impact is minimal I think I'll live with it and wait/see for now.

Ok that is great. So the latest BIOS and EC are fully up to date then? I thought judging by those numbers they were certainly behind a few versions but perhaps for the new RTX motherboards the numbering is different.