Recoil II - 15 vs 17?

TheUberMedic

So Im looking at the recoill series of laptops and am having trouble deciding between the 15 and 17 inch models. Or to be more specific, the RTX 2070 full vs MaxQ. If I could guarantee that I could OC the MaxQ to full stats then that would make me lean more towards the 15. But, I've heard that 1440p screens are coming in April and I've yet to see a 15 inch laptop with a 1440p screen so that makes me lean more towards the 17.

Reason I rather not have the maxQ is cause the full is already a bit slower than the desktop and the maxQ would be even slower :/

On a side note, people have managed to confirm the 15 and 17 use the same motherboard so could you fit the 17 specs into a 15? Get best of both worlds :)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The Max-Q CPUs are meant to run at a lower power to let them go in chassis that otherwise might not be able to handle the heat. So buying a laptop that's only being sold with one of these and then endeavouring to overclock it to a 'full' laptop RTX 2070 is.. probably a bit brave.

The 2070 Max-Q has been criticised a bit for being not really a huge amount better than a 2060 non-Max-Q. So you should expect to lose quite a lot of performance versus a regular mobile 2070.

The laptops will use different motherboards usually, as the mobos are shaped to fit each chassis (including room for cooling solutions, etc)