Help Please! Computer doesn't start.

For the past few months my PC takes several attempts to start up.
I will turn the power on and my monitor will turn on but then nothing else happens.
I have to try several times for the pair to join up and then sync to load.

However when it does it will say 'Diagnosing Repair' or something similar and I will have the choice to either turn the power off or start the PC even though something clearly has gone wrong with the start up.
I have clicked both options and it hasn't really solved any issues as it will continue to do this.
If i choose start PC anyway, I will always restart the PC and it will load just fine. But it seems like an awful long way got the PC to just turn on.

I always make sure I shut the PC down properly once I have finished with it so as to make sure it turns off and updates itself as and when is needed.

I am not too sure why this keeps happening, have left it a few months to see whether it will sort itself out but it hasn't.
The PC is only about 12-18 months old, so I wasn't expecting to have these issues so soon when it is still relatively new.

Has anyone got any insight as to why this is happening and if so, what can I do to make sure the PC starts up first time.
Thank You

Hannah :)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
If using Windows 10, turn off Fast Start-Up and see if that fixes the issue.

I don't think a clean install will fix it as you should see the splash screen at least before windows begins loading. I believe he Fast Start-Up does some POST trickery as well so it may well be that. I always have nothing but hassle with it so I disable it on everything I can.

Do you have another port option to plug the monitor into? Are you using DP? If so, try another port and also try HDMI if you can. The Sleep/Wake function of DP can be a bit ropey at times. HDMI is normally OK.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
This is going to sound dumb, and it is a shot in the dark based on no evidence, but try replacing the CMOS battery.

It shouldn't have failed after 18 months, but you don't know how old it was when the motherboard was installed. They cost pennies in any case and with issues like yours it always worth replacing it.

Buy a decent battery, don't go for one of these multiple battery packs you see in cheaper supermarkets and the like that cost a couple of buttons and an old lollipop stick.....