Gaming and Streaming issues.

I have recently started streaming on Twitch and besides a few lag issues with my capture card, everything has been going pretty smoothly...
However it seems that when I go to stream a game on my PC such as Fortnite, my PC can't handle both the game and streaming app or even Twitch working at the same time.

I have adjusted the settings in Fortnite to be the best, low quality I can do without it looking completely awful.
But it is quite annoying that when I go to stream or watch Twitch that Fortnite will somehow lose all its graphics and I can move the camera but nothing works in game.

I don't know whether my PC needs upgrading to cope with both programs running? but I am unsure as to what part need upgrading.
Whether it be the graphics card which is a 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 1030 - DVI, HDMI or if its the RAM, which is 8GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2133MHz (2 x 4GB
or any other part of the PC?

Any help would be great!
Thank You

Hannah

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
What is your full PC spec?

When you say streaming works with your capture card, you mean you're streaming a game running on your console via your PC?

And when you are getting streaming problems on your PC it is when you are running both the game and the streaming software (e.g. OBS) ?

What is your full PC spec?

When you say streaming works with your capture card, you mean you're streaming a game running on your console via your PC?

And when you are getting streaming problems on your PC it is when you are running both the game and the streaming software (e.g. OBS) ?

yes, I stream on my Nintendo switch through a capture card on my first monitor and have OBS and such open on my second one.

it started out that way, but now even if i have the twitch app running it will deplete fortnite.
I found this video on another thread, and i am having the same problem; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5KNbMpAGec
To play fortnite I can only have that open and nothing else.
But obviously to stream I need to have my OBS running, but at the moment that can't happen.

You need to well us the full spec so we can answer that, as asked above

Case InWIN GT1 BLACK GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core G4400 (3.30GHz, 3MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard ASUS® H110M-R: Micro-ATX, DDR4, LGA1151, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM) 8GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2133MHz (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 1030 - DVI, HDMI
1st Storage Drive 1TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 32MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling INTEL STANDARD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting 50cm Blue LED Strip
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc DVD & Single Licence
Operating System Language United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media Windows 10 (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve
Office Software FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365
Anti-Virus BullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
if you stream from your console the capture card does the bulk of the work, encoding it for streaming

If you stream on your PC you're asking the PC to both run a game and encode video.