Pc Build opinions ? 4k 60 fps

ryawau

I cancelled a recent order as I just got a pay rise and feel like treating myself šŸ˜‚ however I am one of those people that feels spending more means it must be better right ? So i tend to over spend.

Well I have a gaming build here for a target resolution of 4k 60 fps gaming with settings set to ultra or damn near close! I'm also stuck on whether I should get the basic 2080ti or shell out the money for a strix card as I feel like the basic 2080ti is a gamble on what one you will receive and I'm unaware of what 2080ti brands they use? Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Specs:

Case
CORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 570X RGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700K (3.6GHz) 12MB Cache
Get Just Cause 4, PUBG & More w/ select Intel CPUs!
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
Get Battlefield V -AND- Anthem with select NVIDIA GeForce RTX GPUs!
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIESā„¢ MODULAR 80 PLUSĀ® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Noctua NH-U14S Ultra Quiet Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Extra Case Fans
2x 120mm Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of MicrosoftĀ® OfficeĀ® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
BullGuardā„¢ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser
MicrosoftĀ® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Warranty
3 Year Gold Warranty (2 Year Collect & Return, 2 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
SATURDAY DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (BEFORE 2PM)
Build Time
FAST TRACK 5 WORKING DAY DISPATCH
Quantity

Price Ā£2,643.00 including VAT and Delivery

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I would recommend purchasing your own GPU. The 2080 Ti AMP! is about as good as it gets (check the reviews) for the money.

Build looks really nice but I would up the CPU cooling a bit. H100x would be the minimum I would put on it. If you're insistent on the Noctua then go for the premium paste. If you go for one of the Corsair offerings don't bother with the premium paste, the corsair stuff is decent.

ryawau

Thank you mate, I am weary of using the AIO's due to the horror of leaking but i just researched it a bit more and it does come across as blown out of proportion (very rare). Also I'll take a good look at the warranty for using my own gpu as I haven't thought about that option. I noticed the strix model works out around Ā£1380 on here whereas online I can only find ones near Ā£1500. Might be a silly question but would you consider the strix as worth it? Or simply over priced for a few extra frames ?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Thank you mate, I am weary of using the AIO's due to the horror of leaking but i just researched it a bit more and it does come across as blown out of proportion (very rare). Also I'll take a good look at the warranty for using my own gpu as I haven't thought about that option. I noticed the strix model works out around Ā£1380 on here whereas online I can only find ones near Ā£1500. Might be a silly question but would you consider the strix as worth it? Or simply over priced for a few extra frames ?

Warranty wise you are fine.... as long as you don't break anything when installing it, which goes without question. PCS are really good that way, in that they are happy for you to open the case and tinker as long as you don't cause any faults.

There is very little to worry about with AIOs. Even if the absolute worst happened and it leaked, the fluid is non conductive so after a clean up and replacement you are good to go. I've had AIOs for years and never had a leak, you need to be unlucky.

I haven't looked at the Strix in depth but I believe they are one of the best cards going, at least performance wise. If it's over Ā£100 less through PCS then that's a no brainer IMO. I was recommending the AMP! as it's regarded as one of the coolest running RTX brands, it's quite cheap too in comparison.

ryawau

Brilliant, thanks for all the help mate! Will have a look at my build again and make a few changes for cooling and think on the GPU after taking a look at the AMP! ��